Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd love to see teams given a set quantity of fuel for the race distance and then be given relatively free reign on the rest.

Want to run a v10, best mind the fuel consumption.

If you want to pretend to be green reward fuel efficiency by making teams make the most of a set limit of fuel...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    I'd love to see teams given a set quantity of fuel for the race distance and then be given relatively free reign on the rest.

Want to run a v10, best mind the fuel consumption.

If you want to pretend to be green reward fuel efficiency by making teams make the most of a set limit of fuel...
    Fans came to this conclusion a long long time ago but the FIA and the teams somehow can't realize that this would be best for the sport.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Fans came to this conclusion a long long time ago but the FIA and the teams somehow can't realize that this would be best for the sport.
    Aren't we smart!

Its best for the fans, its best for the teams, its best for the engine manufacturers; so clearly it will never happen!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    What some fans want and what is possible is not neccessarily synonymous.

F1 has to deal with what is achieveable in a world that is fundamentally hostile to motor racing or any other sport that results in carbon emissions.

In addition, the larger companies are publicly exposed to critical examination and have to amswer to boards of directors and stockholders.

The details proposed for 2013 including the possibility of 18 inch wheels are realistic, proactive and refreshing with new technologies and the excitement of a 670 bhp engine with an available "screwdriver" to 800 bhp.

There is no alternative and I think it is a great alternative to what exists now.

I want grand prix racing or formula one to continue. I grew up watching 450 bhp right up to the zany and laissez faire 1300 bhp qualifying engines and they were all great.

The next era of f1 cars will be as fantastic too.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    F1 has to deal with what is achieveable in a world that is fundamentally hostile to motor racing or any other sport that results in carbon emissions.
    Phooey. A trip in a commercial Jumbo jet from UK to Oz produces more C02 in one trip than all the F1 cars in an entire season.

All the C02 resulting from transporting the show from race to race is off-set by the FIA, and has been for some time.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    The problem with that, as we saw in the mid-80's, was that the races became economy runs, not races.

Now obviously technology has moved on in the last 25yrs but I don't want to see F1 become the single-seater version of endurance racing. Make the engines themselves as 'green' as you like, using fuel which is as 'green' as you like, but allow the drivers to race from lights to flag.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Phooey. A trip in a commercial Jumbo jet from UK to Oz produces more C02 in one trip than all the F1 cars in an entire season.

All the C02 resulting from transporting the show from race to race is off-set by the FIA, and has been for some time.
    Sure, but this is a political issue and unless racing is looking for law suits or a reason to keep larger companies away, then it will act accordingly.

I did not say that it was all based on logic and reason.

Like everyone else, I would LOVE to have V12 Ferraris, wide slicks and so on return - its never going to happen.

And what must be done is guard against what is occurring in the LMP world for example.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Of course , you know that carbon credits are crap , and that the likelyhood is that those credits from F1 go towards enabling the emissions of items like that commercial jumbo jet you mentioned .

The don't pollute less , but rather pay the price to pollute more than average .
    In essence , they can afford to pollute , and it's kinda hard to find anything noble in that .

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Of course , you know that carbon credits are crap , and that the likelyhood is that those credits from F1 go towards enabling the emissions of items like that commercial jumbo jet you mentioned .

The don't pollute less , but rather pay the price to pollute more than average .
    In essence , they can afford to pollute , and it's kinda hard to find anything noble in that .
    Well, when the OTHER volcano blows and takes Iceland with it, the two year blackout from the ash cloud will result in 100% ban on flying, the ozone layer will heal, global warming will be snuffed out, icecaps will re-freeze....

....probably
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Well, when the OTHER volcano blows and takes Iceland with it, the two year blackout from the ash cloud will result in 100% ban on flying, the ozone layer will heal, global warming will be snuffed out, icecaps will re-freeze....

....probably
    That's a little harder to predict .

What's not hard to predict is outcry at such a gluttonous sport .

KERS was a step towards being relevent , but limitting power output put paid to it's usefulness on the track , and some teams didn't even bother .

Add unlimtted KERS to 670hp , and you might get somewhere with both the racers and the greens .