I read up on Bertrand Baguette and he seems to be an interesting character. He won the 2009 Formula Renault 3.5 series. He is a 2010 F1 near miss – tested with both Renault and BMW Sauber and was sure he had the second seat with Sauber until they gave it to Pedro de la Rosa (who’s really been tearing up the track so far this season… ...). According to him, he was offered the third F1 seat by more than one team for 2010. So, in the immortal words of Cal Naughton, Jr., “the boy can drive.” He wound up in IndyCar with Conquest alongside Mario Romanicini and now gets to look forward to racing at Indy along with the rest of the full season schedule – good for him.

One thing I noted in his interviews was that he sees Indycar as a stepping stone to F1 and not the end of the line for his professional career. He cited Seabass as an example (gulp) of how that progression might work (even though Seabass technically never raced in the IRL). Also, it's my guess that he came with his own (sponsorship) money so someone else must think he can drive too. It would be interesting to see what he could do with better equipment than Conquest will provide him with, but as long as he races hard with what he has and doesn’t turn into the next Marty Roth I’ll be ok with it.

BZ

BTW - I don't have an opinion as to whether he's cuter than Marco or how his personality compares to Viso, and I don't want to marry him.