Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Simona de Silvestro

Since Milka has her own thread and we have discussed to death, Danica (ugh), and yes Sarah is our hero,

I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread on an incredibly talented, low key, humble, all around nice person who has shown great talent as a driver and just happens to be a woman: Simona de Silvestro. She has shown she has the pace, the knowledge, the patience, and the racecraft to be racing at this level. Yes, she has made rookie mistakes but despite those mistakes she continues to impress. I am following her progression closely and even though she is with an underfunded team, I can see her easily moving to a better situation with a more quality team in the future. Also, I think she will be able to attract the attention of one or more major sponsors as she progresses. In any case, I look forward to nothing but great things from this remarkable young lady driver.
    see this great article in the L.A. Times ---->>>>

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,1804072.story

"Danica has done a lot of good things for the sport, especially for women," De Silvestro said. "But we're really different personalities. For me, it's really important to be fast. I want to do the talking on the track."

p.s. maybe I will change my forum name to Simonafan
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    excellant idea for a thread, the quote at the end is great, if that doesn't point out the difference between talent and bull I don't know what does.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Simona should get the attention of Swiss billionaire and avid sportsman Ernesto Bertarelli. He has a track record of funding sporting ventures just for the glory of the sport with limited commercial motives.

His Alinghi America's Cup Syndicate has spent hundreds of millions of Euros to bring the America's Cup to Switzerland and just recently lost the America's Cup to fellow billionaire Larry Ellison. America's Cup sailing is not cheap and Bertarelli has shown the financial commitment to compete for the glory of the prize. Bertarelli is currently a principle of UBS AG which is seeking to expand its retail banking business in North America.

Simona if you read these forums, try to approach Mr. Bertarelli and maybe someday we will see you running with a fully funded team in UBS and Alinghi colors. Wish Wish Wish
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Simona D........is awesome!

*don't ccha ge your name until May
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    Since Milka has her own thread and we have discussed to death, Danica (ugh), and yes Sarah is our hero,

I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread on an incredibly talented, low key, humble, all around nice person who has shown great talent as a driver and just happens to be a woman: Simona de Silvestro. She has shown she has the pace, the knowledge, the patience, and the racecraft to be racing at this level. Yes, she has made rookie mistakes but despite those mistakes she continues to impress. I am following her progression closely and even though she is with an underfunded team, I can see her easily moving to a better situation with a more quality team in the future. Also, I think she will be able to attract the attention of one or more major sponsors as she progresses. In any case, I look forward to nothing but great things from this remarkable young lady driver.
    see this great article in the L.A. Times ---->>>>

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,1804072.story

"Danica has done a lot of good things for the sport, especially for women," De Silvestro said. "But we're really different personalities. For me, it's really important to be fast. I want to do the talking on the track."

p.s. maybe I will change my forum name to Simonafan
    With Danica playing caboose in NASCAR (and the IRL), it doesn't look like I'm going to have to change my name because of her this May. So I'm reserving SwissMissFan.

Yeah, it is good to talk about a legitimate up & coming racer for a change.

One question I have about Siomona, has she ever drive or tested on an oval before? She's very impressive on road courses, so I'm sure she can pick it up. But has she ever driven one before?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Okay than I have to reserve DeSilvestroFan

This is awesome:
    [youtube]qv3KYRwPKAo[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv3KYRwPKAo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think she is the real thing.
    I have only seen her race live once, at Mosport, and she was impressive. That is a track that has scared the s--- out of some pretty good drivers.
    I doubt she will be as near the front, at least for a few races, on the ovals. Not just lack of experience there but the small teams tend to struggle more on ovals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right now she's another backmarker - and we haven't gotten to an oval yet - so let's wait to annoint her as our savior.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage
    Right now she's another backmarker - and we haven't gotten to an oval yet - so let's wait to annoint her as our savior.
    Give it up Vintage, the personality worship on this board transcends any interest in the actual racing that takes place on the track. Simona will be the new hero of the message boards after the first time she poses in a bikini for Maxxim or does some lame commercial for Go Daddy.

BZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It might be a new concept for some, but in the world of sports, there are some followers who support one particular athlete. Experts of the matter often use the word fan to describe them. Like in the following examples: "the fans of Tony Stewart" or the "fans of Simona de Silvestro." They seldom use the words personality worship or saviour to describe these supporters and their views. There is an internet board however, Motorsport.com, which is truly unique, in as much as some of the fans are frequent targets of ridicule and sarcasm for something widely accepted in other sports.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”