Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    There is a difference between sales and profit....
    If GM, PSA (Citroen) or VW can post operating profits of $8 billion this year, as Ford is expected to do.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    The Ford fans "big book of excuses" has now hit a new low, where it's suddenly about sales of private cars that is more relevant than results in a sport they have participated in since 1973 with relatively little championship success.

Personally I think it wont take many more defeats this year before M-Sport calls it a day and will start to focus 100% on getting the Fiesta WRC ahead of the DS3 WRC for next year.

But Ford still need to have a good deep look at their driver lineup for next year. They somehow need to prevent Citroën from lining up 4 strong talents (Loeb, Sordo, Ogier & PSolberg) that are all able to take points from their own two factory drivers.

And they for sure needs to replace Wilcrap in the Stobart team with a more talented driver.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

MJW
    Ford hasn't got a chance with the current line up. Latvala truly has the speed, but Mikko is a brilliant 2nd driver in a team. Too many times he says things like "now I have to go fast(er)" As for the paying drivers....... either they have too much money or sponsor that enjoy spending their shareholders money on hobby drivers. Its interesting that MW is getting PG to drive in the Pirelli rally, (OK only in an R2 Fiesta), maybe he has finally woken up and smelt the coffee, and realises if he gets PG's signature on a contract, maybe instead of the Skoda for S2K Cup and maybe Prodrive for 2011, his team at least gets another fast driver.
    The way things stack up now is Loeb, Petter/Ogier/Latvala, then Hirvonen, then Kimi - Henning, Ice Cream, Monster and Matt are not in the game. Its more fun seeing how close PG and Prokop are to them on S2KCup rounds. Unless Ford get better drivers next year, I think they will go the way of SEAT/SKODA, Mitsu, Suzuki and Subaru - then we can have a one make cup, Citroen WRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    The Ford fans "big book of excuses" has now hit a new low, where it's suddenly about sales of private cars that is more relevant than results in a sport they have participated in since 1973 with relatively little championship success.
    I may not be a Ford fan, but this statement is very inaccurate. If I recall correctly, Ford is tied with Lancia for the most rally wins for any manufacturer. They've built plenty of excellent rally cars over the years, the Focus being one of them.

But Ford still need to have a good deep look at their driver lineup for next year. They somehow need to prevent Citroën from lining up 4 strong talents (Loeb, Sordo, Ogier & PSolberg) that are all able to take points from their own two factory drivers.
    This I agree with. As it stands, they are seriously disadvantaged by their drivers.
    However, Sordo is not going to stay with Citroen if they kick him out in favour of Ogier. And I don't think Petter has any allegiance with Citroen; he'll take the best car he can get his hands on, whatever that may be. At this point it's difficult to know who's going to be driving what next year, especially when it's not even certain which manufacturers will be competing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="MikeD"]The Ford fans "big book of excuses" has now hit a new low, where it's suddenly about sales of private cars that is more relevant than results in a sport they have participated in since 1973 with relatively little championship success.

But Ford still need to have a good deep look at their driver lineup for next year. They somehow need to prevent Citroën from lining up 4 strong talents (Loeb, Sordo, Ogier & PSolberg) that are all able to take points from their own two factory drivers.QUOTE]

None has said that it'll effect how many cars you've sold will allow you to invest to WRC team. It depends on the state of the business and Ford has been doing badly for years now. That's why I think, and been thinking for years, that Citroen just invests more than Ford to WRC.

How many rallies Sordo has won btw..?
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow Ford in rallying

I'm sending you the link. Enjoy yourself! Ford in rallying - WRC - Manufacturers 70 years of success

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While we're discussing drivers, I just noticed that Dani Sordo is at risk of being overtaken by Matt Wilson in the drivers standings I suspect his fortunes will change in NZ, but for now, holding a 2 point lead over Wilson Jr must be giving Quesnel fits

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serial jeff
    I may not be a Ford fan, but this statement is very inaccurate. If I recall correctly, Ford is tied with Lancia for the most rally wins for any manufacturer. They've built plenty of excellent rally cars over the years, the Focus being one of them.
    Maybe Ford has equally as many wins as Lancia but Lancia quit the sport some 17-18 years ago. And btw: I was referring to championship success. All Ford have are 3 manu titles in their entire WRC history plus 1 drivers title in 1981 and one semi-drivers title in 1979. Not exately impressive over 37 years of rallying.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    How many rallies Sordo has won btw..?
    None of course, but he will for sure make life difficult for Ford in the Manu title with 4 tarmac rallies this year and he has beaten Latvala in the drivers title in the last 3 years ... so he is more valuable for Citroën that people might notice.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation

Maybe Ford has equally as many wins as Lancia but Lancia quit the sport some 17-18 years ago. And btw: I was referring to championship success. All Ford have are 3 manu titles in their entire WRC history plus 1 drivers title in 1981 and one semi-drivers title in 1979. Not exately impressive over 37 years of rallying.
    God, that corny song again? Don't be ridiculous! Ford definitely deserved more than this and in fact very often came close with many, many 2nd and 3rd places in the title race - in the drivers and manufacturers. Ford was rallying non stop from the first Monte Carlo rallies until today, an absolutely unbeatable loyalty and performance consistency record!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat
    God, that corny song again? Don't be ridiculous! Ford definitely deserved more than this and in fact very often came close with many, many 2nd and 3rd places in the title race - in the drivers and manufacturers. Ford was rallying non stop from the first Monte Carlo rallies until today, an absolutely unbeatable loyalty and performance consistency record!
    Best reaction on a lot of Bullsh!t post here!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.