Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Agree - with the exception of the Duval bit.

Duval is a good driver, I was so happy when he was leading Rally Germany back in 2007.

The win in Australia in 2005 was well deserved.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
    i think its more driver related then car related and that the Citroen drivers just have been more consistent then Fords ditos.
    Add to that a fast privateer Citroen (Petter) who have been taking points off the Ford boys.

Citroen have Loeb, Ogier, Sordo and Räikkonen and privateer Petter
    (even if his his points doesnt count as factory points). That is 4 drivers all capable of finishing on the podium and 1 driver capable of top 5 (Kimi).

What drivers does Ford have? Hirvonen, Latvala, Wilson and Henning.
    How reliable are they? JML and MH have done quite many mistakes this year
    i dont why, perhaps they are feeling the pressure with the new points system? Wilson is, as you said, always slow and i dont know about Henning,
    lack of motivation?
    I cannot tell you how vivid the image of knives thrusting away is to read that as a Ford fan - but even though that is quite a painful statement to read I am unable to deny that is a statement that is so very true.

They (Ford) are underperforming because they are a tree with branches jam packed full of leaves which are underperforming regularly. They don't have near enough in-depth quality personell with the aptitude to win big and often to be able to worry Citroen even for one stage let alone one day or one rally. Latvala and Hirvonen do and can nab the odd stage win from Citroen here and there - but not anywhere near as consistently as Loeb, Sordo and Solberg (I have a question mark over Ogier though). I now look to 2011 and the idea that perhaps with the Fiesta already being built and run by M-Sport for the SWRC teams like JanPro and Nupel Global Racing.

What about Frederic Villagra at Muchi's World Rally Team? That is another team with Focuse's built by MSport.

Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts
    Ford (M-sport) makes good money. Citroen wins champioships. That is difference.
    2009 WRC Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty
    Ford (M-sport) makes good money. Citroen wins champioships. That is difference.
    M-Sport must make money, Citroen can spent it.
    That is the difference !!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Citroen mother company is making money - they can invest to rally. Ford mother company has been losing money since 1980 or something - they cannot invest as much. That's the difference. It's basic economics, when company is doing poorly, they reduce spending on marketing, like sponsoring a rally team.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    M-Sport must make money, Citroen can spent it.
    That is the difference !!
    To make money and in the same time deliver some result not always against each other. There will be a point when Ford will say thanks Mr. Wilson nice that MS running well and earning money but where are the results?
    With Wilson Jr they don't make money and no result. Sit someone in this car who bring some money to the budget and in the same time will deliver some result.
    The Fiesta will not change anything if the policy will be the same.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    Citroen mother company is making money - they can invest to rally. Ford mother company has been losing money since 1980 or something - they cannot invest as much. That's the difference. It's basic economics, when company is doing poorly, they reduce spending on marketing, like sponsoring a rally team.
    I don't think Ford actually put a lot of money into the WRC program. Hence all the BPCastrol, Abu Dhabi sponsorship. If that went, then I'm sure there would be no Ford team. And that is why M-Sport has to run a a business - meaning paying drivers. A sad state of affairs for the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    money or not, it has to do what kind of choices you make.
    Most important @ Ford: why must his son drives the Stobart car?
    Malcolm knows like everybody else that his son is really crap.
    Why didn't he give a Fiesta2000 the whole season, it was for sure more fun for his son and more competition
    And he can learn a bit more fighting in speedwise. He's now learning absolut nothing, can he be proud of a 6 or 7th place? Don't think so.
    So get a speedy driver in the Stobart car asap, it will benefit the Ford boys Mikko&Jari for sure.
    As said here before; if the situation keep the same, they can bring even a better car but with Loeb still out there and even Ogier is already shining Ford will have to do it with the crumbles left by Citroen.
    Ford must hire Ogier for 2011 if possible (if not than bring Petter back), give Meeke the Stobart car, that would be something right to do...

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Newspapers in Sweden says PG will drive a M-sport Fiesta R2 in Pirelli rally this weekend. Malcolm W phoned PG before Turkey and asked him - so there you have your fast driver to line up Stobart rest of the year....
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Newspapers in Sweden says PG will drive a M-sport Fiesta R2 in Pirelli rally this weekend. Malcolm W phoned PG before Turkey and asked him - so there you have your fast driver to line up Stobart rest of the year....
    For sure PG is a bonus if he gets a WRCar. I think Stobart wants a britsh driver so Meeke or Wilks is the best choice to replace Matthew for 2011.
    I hope PG will take over the sponsers from H. Solberg otherwise the sponsers are insane, H. Solberg is a nice person and good for the show but not enough speed. It's time for action at the front, battles to the end!