Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
Well GoDaddy is on Mark Martin's 5...so you have to figure that is a big factor in all of this. JR. Motorsports is a joint venture with Hendrick so you have to figure there is one tie in. I think GoDaddy has to pretty soon make a decision on how they want to spend their money, and Rick Hendrick plus the Earnhardt's have to decide if they want the side show in exchange for the money. It is a very complex deal, and I think to be fair to Danica (I know, it sucks for a for of you to hear that); they will look beyond this year but Sprint Cup will never be in the cards.

Danica has to decide what she wants to do, because part time wont work. What is more, even if she was full time this year, I just don't see her getting to a point where people can take her seriously. It took people who have winning record in other forms of racing (more than one fluke fuel mileage win) one to two years just to get to the point they can stay in the top 35 in this sport.

That said, why are we letting the princess divert our attention???? I just looked up at the thread title, and really this is about McMurray.

McMurray will put this car at the front of the field and maybe win a race or two. In the end, They need that because they wont see that later.....
Actually, I think may be more reflective of what happens when a team puts all of its eggs in one basket and the basket has a big whole in the bottom. IMHO, the chemistry was destroyed before the season started. Bires was originally slated to run a whole season in the 88, but was moved to the 7 when Jr ran the 88 at Daytona - apparently at Hellman's request. Then the decision was made to put Danica in the 7 and the forums were full of posts about how this would impact Bires and his future, especially when it was announced that there wasn't enough funding to run the 88 all year.

After the first couple races, Jr admitted they had a lot of torn up equipment and without funding, could probably only run one car. Suddenly, the 7 car shows up to try to stay in the points (any guesses why). That had to impact the effort being put into the 88. Once again, Bires got the short straw.

I think McMurry will do fine just as Wimmer did in the 7 as both have the experience to get more out of the car that it should give. But Jr Motorsports doesn't seem to be what it once was, and this seems to a desperation effort to keep a sponsor.

It seems that wherever a certain driver goes, they are like gasoline on a fire. They get all of the attention and effort, and others suffer. But Hendrick may have just put a firm roadblock in the Danica experiment. PimpDaddy claimed he wanted her in the 5 car in Sprint cup in 2012, but with the signing of Kayne and the apparent announcement he will probably be in the 5, there may be no room at the Hendrick Inn for the "experiment".