Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    Fail.....

Loeb, in his first WRC event was already on the pace with fastest guys, and the Xsara WRC wasn't the top car at that time. I believe it was in Sanremo, he was on the pace with the best drivers (Colin Mcrae, Carloz Sainz, Delecour, etc....). I believe that if he was driving a Xsara WRC this year he woukd still be able to beat Mikko, just like he won over Marcus.
    In his defence...

The Xsara was overly developed on tarmac, and it was quick on the go in Catalunya 2001, with Puras and Bugalski (other teams even protested against their speed). Loeb was more or less a product from Citroën in the making, so even as early as 2001, he was comfortable within the team. Putting Sainz, McRae and Delecour as an example is a bit unlucky, since the Focus 01 on Pirelli tyres wasn't the most competitive package on tarmac. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that it was a fabulous debut drive for Loeb at Citroën, even catching up with asphalt ace Panizzi for much of the rally.

I just doubt that Loeb ever had a hard time at Citroën, and that over the years, the cars have been increasingly customised to his likening. And well, judging from recent years, Citroën's pretty much a one man team. Loeb is a remarkable driver, best of it's time, but there are other aspects to consider why he has such a huge record, and it ain't all talent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    In his defence...

The Xsara was overly developed on tarmac, and it was quick on the go in Catalunya 2001, with Puras and Bugalski (other teams even protested against their speed). Loeb was more or less a product from Citroën in the making, so even as early as 2001, he was comfortable within the team. Putting Sainz, McRae and Delecour as an example is a bit unlucky, since the Focus 01 on Pirelli tyres wasn't the most competitive package on tarmac. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that it was a fabulous debut drive for Loeb at Citroën, even catching up with asphalt ace Panizzi for much of the rally.

I just doubt that Loeb ever had a hard time at Citroën, and that over the years, the cars have been increasingly customised to his likening. And well, judging from recent years, Citroën's pretty much a one man team. Loeb is a remarkable driver, best of it's time, but there are other aspects to consider why he has such a huge record, and it ain't all talent.
    But you could also ask the question of why the Xsara and C4 have become so much better then the Focuses and Imprezas?

Perhaps Loeb is the difference? That he has done a better job with giving feedback to the engineers or perhaps its thanks to his
    driving skill and skill in setting up the car that the Citroens have been better then its opponents?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I don't think that it matters if Loeb is in the best car, any idiot can see that he's a pretty special driver. Let's remember that he has driven with 2 of the all time greats in his team, and thoroughly beaten a lot of other top quality drivers. His record may not have looked so good if he'd been around in the late '90s but it would still have been pretty impressive.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The new Cars

Lets hope the new Ford is better than the rest, then we may see loeb win in a not as good car, but with all the top rally cars Loeb and Citroen are putting out, you would say they have the edge before the racing starts.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFL
    Anyway.. It's good to see you admit that loeb is in the best car.. So... Put him in a Focus or Sub.. and let's see what happends..
    he will be a winner again and again and again and again....

with Ifs and Buts you can build whole empires....what stays in history are the facts....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can like or hate a driver or car ....... but still respect the guy's for their talent !!
    Put Loeb in the same car as the rest ....... he will still be a winner like today
    Did Citroën have the best car or even bether than the Focus in 2006 ?
    For sure on tarmac , but not all other surfaces where the Focus was sometimes better than the older Xsara .
    Loeb can win everywhere and anywhere and any surface.......that's a fact !
    But this is just my thought

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I hope that ford guys will fail..

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    What about when he drove the Xsara WRC?? Seriously your made up excuses just make me laugh out of my butt.
    And god knows you must have a pretty big butt since it appears you want to talk out of it too
    The Xsara was also better developed at that stage than the Focus then!
    I am not making excuses for anyone or anything, merely stating what others have said - A great driver in the best team with the best car in a series that suits his strengths.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    I hope that ford guys will fail..
    nice straight forward reaction but i would prefer if you used some better and more poetic words for it ...like...

I live to see the demise of the ford guys

or even

i will feed on ford tears after this year too...

put some poetry into your life and you will gain respect in here like myself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best car, best car... For his first full season, his team mates was Carlos Sainz and Colin McRae. And what? He beat them.
    to say "Loeb win because he has always been the best car" is an insult for Sordo, Duval, McRae and Sainz.