Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Mikkelsen's IRC campaign sponsored by Hankook for example. Also many locals in every event which are missing in last years - like Kumho drivers in Ireland, MRF drivers in Japan, BFG drivers everywhere - think also about Juho Hänninen. He is Škoda Motorsport driver and he can't start in WRC events under Škoda Motorsport banner because of their BFG deal. It's big complication for him as he must use car of BRR or Škoda Italia who haw agreements with Pirelli and in the same time are official partners of ŠM. But they don't have free car for him everytime as Škoda Italia didn't have for Sweden.
    Easy to agree, tyres are so closely bound to motorsport, and therefore always potential sponsors for privateers.
    But at the same time, do you think that teams like Skoda this time would have resourses to use the full potential that it would bring, if there would be several makes? Last time they did not have.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Easy to agree, tyres are so closely bound to motorsport, and therefore always potential sponsors for privateers.
    But at the same time, do you think that teams like Skoda this time would have resourses to use the full potential that it would bring, if there would be several makes? Last time they did not have.
    Don't get me wrong I don't speak about Škoda as a team

I wanted to say that IRC manufacturers have exclusive contracts with BFG and therefore they can't send their official cars into WRC events even for single shoots like in Juho's case. I don't think it's that big problem for teams but it makes problems to works drivers like Juho who sometimes wants to drive in WRC but using Pirelli make their start much more complicated.

And also think about the future. Will necessary change of tyre supplier help to attract IRC manufacturers to join WRC in 2011?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    ]Mikkelsen's IRC campaign sponsored by Hankook for example. Also many locals in every event which are missing in last years - like Kumho drivers in Ireland, Yokohama or MRF drivers in Japan, BFG drivers everywhere - think also about Juho Hänninen. He is Škoda Motorsport driver and he can't start in WRC events under Škoda Motorsport banner because of their BFG deal. It's big complication for him as he must use car of BRR or Škoda Italia who have agreements with Pirelli and in the same time are official partners of ŠM. But they don't have free car for him everytime as Škoda Italia didn't have for Sweden. You can apply this to almost every IRC team.
    Mirek all these are well known.But we are talking about WRC.
    If Taguchi with MRF tyres is not participate in rally Japan due to regulations thats not the problem at WRC this time.Something else is the problem,and you know that.

I have only to say a big bravo to Pirelli for beeing in rallies for much more years than anyone else.
    Michelin/BF had not better offer than pirelli last time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ]Don't get me wrong I don't speak about Škoda as a team

I wanted to say that IRC manufacturers have exclusive contracts with BFG and therefore they can't send their official cars into WRC events even for single shoots like in Juho's case. I don't think it's that big problem for teams but it makes problems to works drivers like Juho who sometimes wants to drive in WRC but using Pirelli make their start much more complicated.
    I know you are not, but I happen to know quite much about what did happen in Skoda last time, (not only official releases) and I think it is a good example, control tyre is a way to put smaller teams or teams with less resourses on the same line with the bigger teams, soon as there will be more tyre makes the devloping starts again, and then the small teams are the loosers, thats what i mean.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    I know you are not, but I happen to know quite much about what did happen in Skoda last time, (not only official releases) and I think it is a good example, control tyre is a way to put smaller teams or teams with less resourses on the same line with the bigger teams, soon as there will be more tyre makes the devloping starts again, and then the small teams are the loosers, thats what i mean.
    Number 1 reason for me.
    Loeb and Villagra with the same tyre.
    No special tyres ONLY for works teams.

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Sorry, but I haven't noticed any new manufacturer attracted by single tyres in those three years. In my opinion it's minor issue compared to cons it brings. But ok, let's use single tyres but why for privateers also?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ]Sorry, but I haven't noticed any new manufacturer attracted by single tyres in those three years. In my opinion it's minor issue compared to cons it brings. But ok, let's use single tyres but why for privateers also?
    Same here, but i dont think the tyre thing is any reason to join or not, thats about bigger things, its now made very easy to join so there will come new teams soon, no matter what the tyre rule will be.
    But for me it's the same, there is good points and not so good, but the benefitters on the control tyre is the smaller teams.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'd like to see a return of the specialized tires.Proper gravel tyres for gravelrallies, slicks for tarmacrallies and real wintertires for winterrallies.

It doesn't have to be more then 2 types of each; soft and hard for gravel & Tarmac, and perhaps softgravel and softwinter for the winter rallies.