Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a beautiful car..

Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Video of Danica talking about her qualifying at Barber Motorsports Park today. She is spot on and very honest.

[youtube]MaKV59lWRlo&feature=channel[/youtube]
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes she is spot on and honest... she is clueless on a road course.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    A few thoughts. First off, the qualifying like it is now is a little confusing for the common thread to follow. DF explained it VERY well (kudo's to you for getting it just right) and I like how qualifying is a more of a shootout now.

That said, I think in the last 4 cars, put the slow one at the back. Then again, Duno will end up there anyhow....for it may be tough to pass, but getting by her I am sure will not be an issue. Milka I think knows to hold her line, and let people get by. Coyne will be telling her I am sure.

As for Danica's little interview, she is right on it being tough to pass, but I think that is a woman thinking (and you could see the bubble outside her head) that she cannot wait to be in a NASCAR race and finish 33rd because she still has some thought she can do that oval thing better. Her attitude towards road racing stinks because she started in it, so for her to be so bad now just makes NO logical sense considering her reasonable competitive nature on the ovals. She just has no clue on setups I think, and it is killing her. If she cannot get it in Indycar, she will find it worse in NASCAR. I think she is making a HUGE mistake going over there based on what I have seen so far this year.

My last point is I do not think this track tho will be a total bore. I think someone will find ways to pass, and they will make a grand fight for second. First? Well that is Will Power land, and no one is allowed to live there but Will. Barring a mistake, they will be lucky to sniff his tail pipes...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, that Roger Penske sure is mart. Who knew?

Will Power appears to have the stuff to place himself alongside Dixon, Franchitti, Hornish, and Bourdais as one of this era's dominant drivers.

With apologies to Helio.

Power is what Briscoe was supposed to be.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
    Wow, that Roger Penske sure is mart. Who knew?

Will Power appears to have the stuff to place himself alongside Dixon, Franchitti, Hornish, and Bourdais as one of this era's dominant drivers.

With apologies to Helio.

Power is what Briscoe was supposed to be.
    I hope Ryan reads these forums because to be honest, I don't think he has a killer instinct and someone needs to tell the guy he needs to have more ba**s out there. Once he gets a mean streak in him I think he will give Will a run for his money as the top Penske driver.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Having watched Will race in CC, I knew he'd be a top threat in the merger on road/street courses. I didn't expect him to be this successful though. And that being said, once the ovals start up, I fully expect Helio and Ryan to be finishing higher than Will on a regular basis. Perhaps his large points lead on roads/streets and decent top-5s on the ovals will still win him this championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Video of Danica talking about her qualifying at Barber Motorsports Park today. She is spot on and very honest.

What a great spokesperson we have for American Open Wheel, a driver that severely dislikes road and street racing, and also sucks at it.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan

To paraphrase:

I have no idea how to be fast - theres a lot of great drivers out here, and I'm not one of them.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    I hope Ryan reads these forums because to be honest, I don't think he has a killer instinct and someone needs to tell the guy he needs to have more ba**s out there. Once he gets a mean streak in him I think he will give Will a run for his money as the top Penske driver.
    He don't have it now, nothing will give it to him.

I picked Dixon at the start of the season to win the Championship, but I think the way Power is dominating on the road/street courses could make this a tough season because I have a sneaking suspicion that before the year is out, he will be winning there too. I cant wait to see Power at Indy I DO know that.

The guy is flat out on his game right now, and to see him outrunning everyone as solidly as he is doing is just amazing.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".