Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Exclamation Off Topic: May I have your attention, Please?

As most of us here know, Stan has had some tough times recently that he has had to deal with, and as such has not been able to to attend to his duties as the moderator of the NASCAR forum.

Mark has asked me to step in for him. I will do my very best to keep things light hearted in this forum, and to keep items as updated as possible. Although I have been a member of MSF for 8 1/2 years, I really hadn't been around much since we went to the new forums software back in late '06, so I do not pretend to know everything about how it works, so please bear with me while I stumble through a few things.

I can only make y'all 3 promises.

1) I will endeavor to be as fair as humanly possible
    2) I will try to be around as much as possible to address your concerns
    3) I love to have fun, so I will try to make this as much fun as possible

All I ask in return is for everyone to be as respectful of each other as you can. I have no problem with a person attacking a post, especially if that person has a cogent argument to back it up; but I can not put up with a person attacking another poster personally.

That said, I must commend all of you they way you have carried yourselves the last couple of months, a few people got close to the line in one of our more heated discussions, but nobody crossed it (not that I saw anyway). All "youze guys" deserve a pat on the back.

My door is always open, if you have an issue you need resolved, just drop me a PM and I will try to take care of it as quickly as possible.

Stan has set a great example over the years and I will try my best to live up to that.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Congrats Slo

Well deserved, you've been doing a great job keeping this forum going.

Hopefully Stan will get better and visit us soon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations. I'll try to behave.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So glad you are here to help. I was getting a little flusterated with the "sticky" problem on the game side of the board.
    Hope Stan will pay us a visit soon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations slorydn1.

I hope Stan has a speedy recovery.
    I aim to live forever - so far so good...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah....best wishes and prayers for Stan.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I just discovered I hadn't read this post!! Not that I didn't know there was a new sheriff in town, but I didn't really cotton on to Stan being officially gone.

I will have to say us NASCAR guys need to keep the forum moving and alive, and we have always had some spirited but fair arguments.

Everyone I hope says a prayer for Stan's health. I want to see the man back in good health....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know how I missed this topic but I did. Belated congrats on your promotion, slo. I'm just bummed that Stan's situation created the need.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quick question: where's the line?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I just discovered I hadn't read this post!! Not that I didn't know there was a new sheriff in town, but I didn't really cotton on to Stan being officially gone.

I will have to say us NASCAR guys need to keep the forum moving and alive, and we have always had some spirited but fair arguments.

Everyone I hope says a prayer for Stan's health. I want to see the man back in good health....

Stan is not officially gone. He is still a moderator here. I honestly don't know what is happening with him as I have not had any contact with him since the week leading up to the Las Vegas. I am very nervous that something bad has happened, but the forum is the only means I have to communicate with him, so I have no way of finding out for sure. I do share in your prayers for him.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ