Thread: Congrats Dario

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats Dario

Nicely done and congratulaions on winning another championship. What a recovery from coming back from chips nationwide effort.

Will Power is a hell of a driver. He proved it on the road courses. In the end, the champinionship was won because Dario was better on the Ovals. period.

Maybe next year well see him again race for the title as his oval'aroity' will become stronger and he will become a better driver for it.

Congratulations on a great season, both of you.
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No doubt Dario is a deserving champion, and congratulations to him, but I have to say Will Power had a lot of bad luck to miss out on this title.

The good news for Will is, he doesn't have to keep that silly trophy!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Congrats to Dario. Although I was cheering for Power, who so magnificently managed to rise to the limelight this season and was fighting for his first title.

Franchitti has managed to clinch the title for two consecutive seasons in the very last race. Regarding close championship finales, Dario's loss in 1999 in as minimal way as possible will always stick to my mind. It's quite interesting that with a decade of more experience he is now capable of turning those tight battles in his favour.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am delighted that Dario won. He has waited for so long for his first championship but now he seems to be the best.
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Congrats to Dario for getting it done, again

As for Will, he'll win his eventually, he's too good not to. As Darrell Waltrip always says, in order to win a championship, you gotta lose one. Now Will knows what not to do and will be that much stronger next year for it.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Congrats to Dario for getting it done, again

As for Will, he'll win his eventually, he's too good not to. As Darrell Waltrip always says, in order to win a championship, you gotta lose one. Now Will knows what not to do and will be that much stronger next year for it.
    thats how I feel, and DW's statement tends to be true w/ a lot of sports.
    Losing a championship just makes you more focused on the small details you may have overlooked the first time around. I think this experience will make Will even stronger for next year.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Now Will knows what not to do and will be that much stronger next year for it.
    Must do better on ovals

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He'll (Will) be twice as focused for next year.

Congrats to Dario.

ARGH! I'm gonna be pissed about this for the entire off-season, lol.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!