Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I think they'd already pulled out through lack of money - and a disagreement between MSD/Hyundai.....

.....which resulted in the fine.
    I agree

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Surley the actions of the last 2 WRC rallies in Australia and France have taken the sport into disrepute?

Latvala should have won in Australia but Malcolm Wilson made Hirvonen win, a move which took him a step closer to being a 'paper champion' after takeing a 'paper win'.

Then today Malcolm Wilson made JML take out a 2 minuete penaly for being early, penanlties are for people who break the rules, and Malcolm Wilson effectively 'forced' JML to break the rules.

All of this is giving Mikko Hirvonen a better advantage of the championship win, the point of the championship is that the fastest driver wins, so if a driver with the more points in a team is slower than the 2nd driver, it should stay that way.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Team orders are still legal, so while what happened wasn't perfect, it was perfectly acceptable.
    All teams have used them down the years; Lancia, Citroen, Subaru, Mitsubishi, etc

While I like Mikko, who is a good driver, but not a No1 - I hope either of the Sebs win the WRC....they've actually gone out to win events.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Surley the actions of the last 2 WRC rallies in Australia and France have taken the sport into disrepute?

Latvala should have won in Australia but Malcolm Wilson made Hirvonen win, a move which took him a step closer to being a 'paper champion' after takeing a 'paper win'.

Then today Malcolm Wilson made JML take out a 2 minuete penaly for being early, penanlties are for people who break the rules, and Malcolm Wilson effectively 'forced' JML to break the rules.

All of this is giving Mikko Hirvonen a better advantage of the championship win, the point of the championship is that the fastest driver wins, so if a driver with the more points in a team is slower than the 2nd driver, it should stay that way.
    I think that taking those road penalties is much more reasonable choice than hanging around the stage a few tens of minutes or so..
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Team orders are still legal, so while what happened wasn't perfect, it was perfectly acceptable.
    I couldn't agree more. Also, rules banning team orders are always impossible to implement.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I couldn't agree more. Also, rules banning team orders are always impossible to implement.
    A way to minimise the effect of team orders is to award a proportion of the championship points on any event for each stage won. This would have minimised the benefit to any driver who is 'allowed' a win on the final day / stage. I haven't thought through the ramifications, but if, as our Hellenic friend pointed out, Ogier was sandbagging Sordo then he would have been giving up points by not trying to win every stage he could.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    A way to minimise the effect of team orders is to award a proportion of the championship points on any event for each stage won. This would have minimised the benefit to any driver who is 'allowed' a win on the final day / stage. I haven't thought through the ramifications, but if, as our Hellenic friend pointed out, Ogier was sandbagging Sordo then he would have been giving up points by not trying to win every stage he could.
    The main ramification of such an idea, as far as I'm concerned, is to over-complicate matters.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    True, but it would act against unworthy wins
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oportunity to win without taking first place in every stage (or maybe in any stage at all, remember Gronholm victory in Cyprus 2002) is a part of the sport. Trying to minimize effect of team orders in that way would take out one of the key factors of rallying - importance of surviving.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Stage wins

Loeb 55
    Latvala 51
    Ogier 49
    Hirvonen 32 (13 of those around 10kms from his house)

paper champ is an understatement.