Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    We all know it has gone on; team tactics/orders - San Remo '86 left a foul taste in my mouth. However, there was something about this weekend that really was just Wrong!! Using a SupeRallyer who was miles behind seemed beyond the limit. As long as it's legal, and that we only have 2 Manufacturers, it will carry on.
    My other problem is 'punishing' the leader by running first on the road. Why? Just so he doesn't run away from everyone, and keeps on winning? Tough. If someone is the best - so what? Stop trying to equalise everyone.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Jean Todt should have walked through the door to FIA headquarters on his first day. Sat down at his desk with a cup of tea, opened the WRC file and changed this rule to how it was all of 3 years ago.

It would literally be the first thing I did.

Tactics are ingrained in the DNA of motorsport but this just detracts from the spectacle to the point that it becomes confusing and a mockery. The change would cost nothing and could be implemented at a moments notice.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    We all know it has gone on; team tactics/orders - San Remo '86 left a foul taste in my mouth. However, there was something about this weekend that really was just Wrong!! Using a SupeRallyer who was miles behind seemed beyond the limit. As long as it's legal, and that we only have 2 Manufacturers, it will carry on.
    My other problem is 'punishing' the leader by running first on the road. Why? Just so he doesn't run away from everyone, and keeps on winning? Tough. If someone is the best - so what? Stop trying to equalise everyone.
    You know, favoring best drivers even more is also very wrong thing to do.
    So I am again propagating my last idea. Every day drivers start according to their championship position. And additional change. When you arrive early to TC you get the penalty but you are not allowed to leave before your target time. Then only tactics we can see might be the tactics that driver nr 1 thinks that he is brave enough and take 30 sek penalty to fell behind his rival and hope to make that 30 sek back in one day (because every next day you are in front again). Then we can see multiple winners, very tight championship table and a lot of flatout rallying three days in a row. I would be happy :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, impose massive fines, the trademark of the FIA, that would solve the problem, as McLaren has in proved Melbourne 2009.

Loeb already mentioned two ideas, that is the qualifying shakedown and early arriver to stage has to still wait for the preset starting position.

I'd like to see what happen in NZ. Haven't hear anything from the FIA yet, maybe they enjoy it.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    OK, I can understand why people are irritated by this. However, reading this and other threads, I still can't see why this issue of starting order (leaving aside other team order issues) has become a bigger problem than ever before. Can anyone enlighten me?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think it's a problem because there's such a lack of competition.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe and rallies has become shorter, the endurance factor is about gone, tyre rule, many things together effects to why its more difficult to win from the front.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Possibly, but no rules were broken. A €10M fine would probably make them walk away.
    However, surely common sense will prevail and something will be done. The teams/FiA need to look at the 'bigger picture'. The sport is being made to look extremely foolish. I hope the 'Qualifying' idea is brought in.
    Hyundai walked away after 1 000 000 $ fine in 2003..

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I think it's a problem because there's such a lack of competition.
    Yeah, if there were 15-20 factory seats (well, one can dream) it might not be as bad. However, with only 2 Manufacturers, the Privateer/semi-Works teams get involved. And a SupeRallyer who is about 15-20 minutes behind.
    On last week's Total Rally show, George Donaldson was interviewed - and he didn't see any problem with the issue. Fair enough - however, those in the sport need to look at the 'bigger picture'. It looks amateurish/un-professional - and not he best way to attract new Manufacturers/sponsors, etc to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Hyundai walked away after 1 000 000 $ fine in 2003..
    I think they'd already pulled out through lack of money - and a disagreement between MSD/Hyundai.....

.....which resulted in the fine.