Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

The "I was wrong" thread

Ok guys and gals, here's your chance to right some wrongs.

Post here if you were one of those who swore blind that Schumacher was going to obliterate young Nico, or that Lewis was going to thump Jenson into next week etc. And admit your errors.

Just end the thread with these three words;

I was wrong
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    can't we wait till the end of the season for this? things might change, like my reckoning that hamilton would beat Button-there's only 11 points in that one.

If i said i was wrong now, then hamilton beat button in the final season standings, i'd have been wrong twice!
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well, I thought that Red Bull will not enjoy the superiority they had in the end of last year and although as a team they are lacking, I was dead wrong about the car, even if I was cautious with Newey making the design, I didn't expect the RBR to be so damn fast. This, I believe, my was biggest mistake.
    The second one, obviously, is when I overestimated MS and Mercedes. I thought that Mike would not return if he is not confident in his abilities - and I was wrong. I was sure that for the deal between Brawn GP and Mercedes to happen, the silver arrows must have a very good car and I was wrong again. And Nico is doing better than what I expected.
    As are Renault. I seriously underestimated them.
    And finally, as a Jenson fan I was a bit downbeat because Lewis, let's face it, is really really fast. But so far Jenson is proving me wrong, he is doing a fantastic job!
    Formula 1

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I'll start.

Jenson Button has completely turned around my opinion. Not only has he been fast, won two GP's and is leading the championship, he seems to be chipping away at the "team lewis" vibe that McLaren had been giving off fore the last few years.

I didn't think he could do it, but I was wrong

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I never thought this thread would get any replies...
    I was wrong
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    can't we wait till the end of the season for this? things might change, like my reckoning that hamilton would beat Button-there's only 11 points in that one.

If i said i was wrong now, then hamilton beat button in the final season standings, i'd have been wrong twice!
    I ain't your mother if you feel you were wrong, say so here. If not - don't.

I felt I had been overly critical of Jenson and he has proved me wrong (even if the end championship position is reversed) so I felt I needed to square it with the world.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    I never thought this thread would get any replies...
    I was wrong
    You and me both

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I though people waited till well into the season or till the end to make sweeping statements like driver x is better than driver y
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I think most people, including me, had Alonso over Massa, Vettel over Webber, Hamilton over Button and Schumacher over Rosberg. While Alonso and Vettel are beating their teammates to a greater or lesser extent, Schumacher and Hamilton are on the receiving end of the beatings.

I for one am surprised at how Rosberg and Button have performed relative to their teammates. I have never rated Rosberg, always thought he was overrated, and I thought Button was the weakest world champion we've seen in 15 years.

I'm not willing to admit my error in judgement regarding these two just yet as 4 races do not a season make but they have both grown in my estimation this season. Rosberg has Schumi 4-0 in both qualifying and the race and Button has Hamilton 3-1 in both. Colour me surprised!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i was wrong to think that toro rosso would be better this year
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’