Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: About you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thought I'd come back and meet a few of our newer members... hello all.

My third child arrived since I was last in this topic, she's now 11 months

I'm commuting between Sydney and Sunshine Coast on a weekly basis... Fly to Sydney Mon morning, fly back north Fri night. When in Syd I stay with my brother, 1.5hrs by train from the CBD where I work, and when at home I'm Mr Mum all weekend. So I don't have a lot of free time these days! But hopefully I'll be permanently out of Sydney within the next month or so... and in case I didn't mention it a year or so ago, I'm 39 (ARRRGGGH!)
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi all, my forum name is maxu05, but my name is John.
    I am a big Kawasaki fan, though, they have given me little to cheer about in racing, they make some of the finest road (and dirt) bikes on the planet. I have been in China for 7 years, and have just moved, (6 months ago) back to OZ, though, I have moved to the wild west of Western Australia. I am married to Luodanfox, also a forum member, and I am waitng for her immigration to go through. I talk to her every day at the moment, via phone and it is costing me a mint to call China every day, (it's worth it though).
    I like watching Motogp,WSBK, WSS, V8 Supercars and most forms of motorsport. My other interests are animals, watching Doco's and Sci Fi flicks, playing with cars and bikes, (the ones you don't have to pedal), PS2 and PS3, cooking, and my latest interest is gardening hock: I am learning more about gardening, so I can grow my own veggies and herbs, so that I don't have to put up with the rubbish that they sell in the supermarkets, at extremely high prices. I am 42 this year, it seems as though my eyesight, balance,energy is diminishing, oh, just realised, I have had a dozen beers, that could be it. Well, hope to see you all in the forums throughout the year.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

I hope you have more space for your garden now than in China. Good luck with it, it's worth the effort including the composting. You'll probably have a longer growing season in OZ than I have in the Sth Island of NZ so I envy you that. I grow organically for my own health and that of the birds that I share my garden with and I'm doing my little bit for the planet too. Keep us posted.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Welcome John. Who are your favourite riders in the the classes that you named?

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Hi there,

seems like this is the place for introductions, so...

My name is Simon and I am a motorcycle racing fan. I currently own a CBR600 F4i that has been modified for track use only (race glass, exhaust, power commander, rebuilt suspension, sticky tyres, etc), and am lamenting at leisure the sale of my 2000 model 900ss that was my road use bike.

Current duties as the father of a 10mth old boy have meant that track time has been a little limited recently, but - dare to dream. Have been looking for a forum that doesn't contain too many brow beating, A grade egos, somewhere to discuss the shared passion and exchange ideas. Here's hoping that this is the place.

Cheers. TFE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Hi there,

My name is Simon and I am a motorcycle racing fan. I currently own a CBR600 F4i that has been modified for track use only (race glass, exhaust, power commander, rebuilt suspension, sticky tyres, etc), and am lamenting at leisure the sale of my 2000 model 900ss that was my road use bike.

Current duties as the father of a 10mth old boy have meant that track time has been a little limited recently, but - dare to dream. Have been looking for a forum that doesn't contain too many brow beating, A grade egos, somewhere to discuss the shared passion and exchange ideas. Here's hoping that this is the place.

Cheers. TFE
    Welcome fella!

You'll find this is one of the best forums around, no abuse, no needless bickering.. Just good intelligent discussion..

Im sure you'll enjoy it, even more so if you're an Ant West fan
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Yep, am a fan of the Super Westie. Interesting how when you put the guy on an even vaguely competitive bike, starts taking podium finishes?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, am a fan of the Super Westie. Interesting how when you put the guy on an even vaguely competitive bike, starts taking podium finishes?
    you're preaching to the choir brother
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Welcome fella!

You'll find this is one of the best forums around, no abuse, no needless bickering.. Just good intelligent discussion..

Im sure you'll enjoy it, even more so if you're an Ant West fan

Isn't everyone an Ant West fan?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi there,

Cheers. TFE
    G'day Simon and welcome to the forum - you won't find a better one.

I'd love a track bike. Mate of mine got one recently and doing a couple of track days on my roadbiike, I'm terrified of dropping it. It's great fun though. Ahh, so many toys I'd like, so little money.

Anyways, look forward to your contributions.
    Get off my lawn