Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    In 2011, the WRC will move onto to S2000 cars only, those cars sound like a empty tin can.
    In two and a half years you have posted more than 1700 times. You have started numerous threads and participated in every possible discussion. We could say you have been fairly active on this forum, and sometimes annoyingly so...

And then you manage to start a new thread demonstrating a total lack of knowledge about whats going to happen in 2011. How is it possible to be a rally enthusiast - and on top of that to say the least an extremely active forum user - and still be unaware about the new engine rule with 1.6 turbo planned for 2011???

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Spot on, Iskald.

I recall writing something like this a couple of years or so back;

In the 70's I watched Grp 4 cars. It was fast & exciting & good to watch.
    In the 80's I watched Grp B cars. It was fast & exciting & good to watch.
    In the 90's I watched Grp A cars. It was fast & exciting & good to watch.
    In the 00's I watched WRC cars. It was fast & exciting & good to watch.

More recently I've been lucky enough to watch some very good drivers in old RWD Grp4 cars again and it's still very good to watch.

Perhaps it's the skill of the top drivers, and not so much the cars, that make it exciting to watch.
    I would have preferred the new formula to be S2000 but whether it is, or whether it is S1600T, I'm sure it will still be exciting to watch.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    All depends on the turbo, they could easily be faster than current WRCs.

To be honest I find any well driven car exciting to watch and while I'd agree they are not that powerful I really enjoy watching them, much better than a normal group N car.
    I agree with you J4MIE, I also enjoy watching the S2000 cars. mokin:
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    It will become interesting when 3-4-5 more Manufacturers join. They should be queuing up to join, but they're not. So, why are they not joining - and I don't mean 'rumours'? Mainly because the WRC is frankly, rubbish - and is not relevant anymore.
    I'm not totally sure S1600T are the answer. Getting too expensive - and no exposure in return.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomski
    A mute beast though. Let me hear a naturally aspirated screamer any day, rather than the woosh, pop, bang of a strangled turbo.
    What woosh, pop, bang? On Rally GB last year the WRCars weren't popping or banging any more than the S2000s!

I really hope the new 1.6T engine regs will make a difference because right now the cars sound like they have trifle stuck up their exhausts (although the C4 is much better than the Focus)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love the sound of naturally aspirated engines and the S2000 are fairly new so they would get faster if they became the new WRC car.

Less electronics, yes, but technology moves forward so do the cars.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Iskald hit the nail right on the head. To be fair though I don't agree with Solitt that the cars these days are good to watch, they just handle too well and have too much traction.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Paddle-shifts should be banned and they should move back to the old gear selection method.
    And then you'll find that drivers will destroy several gearboxes during a rally by changing gears without clutch... etc... and the total cost will be more than the current electronic gearbox which never misses a beat.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    And then you'll find that drivers will destroy several gearboxes during a rally by changing gears without clutch... etc... and the total cost will be more than the current electronic gearbox which never misses a beat.
    Oh no! Drivers will have to use skill? Perish the thought!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    How about having a maximum of 2 gearboxs per rally then.