Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Exclamation How to make the WRC more interesting

In 2011, the WRC will move onto to S2000 cars only, those cars sound like a empty tin can.

Instead, they should design new rally cars EXACTLEY to the regulations they had in 1997 because that would be cheaper because there was less electronics back then. Paddle-shifts should be banned and they should move back to the old gear selection method.

Also, the IRC should be merged into the WRC so there are more drivers/teams/cars in one big championship.

The Safari rally should be brought back and new, boring events like Jordan should go. Some of the IRC locations should be used for the WRC events.

Anyone else agree?

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    New WRC cars are going to be 1.6T, so they will not be that empty and with turbo they will sound like a beast.

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    In 2011, the WRC will move onto to S2000 cars only, those cars sound like a empty tin can.

Instead, they should design new rally cars EXACTLEY to the regulations they had in 1997 because that would be cheaper because there was less electronics back then. Paddle-shifts should be banned and they should move back to the old gear selection method.

Also, the IRC should be merged into the WRC so there are more drivers/teams/cars in one big championship.

The Safari rally should be brought back and new, boring events like Jordan should go. Some of the IRC locations should be used for the WRC events.

Anyone else agree?
    No!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    New WRC cars are going to be 1.6T, so they will not be that empty and with turbo they will sound like a beast.
    A mute beast though. Let me hear a naturally aspirated screamer any day, rather than the woosh, pop, bang of a strangled turbo.
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Again, I recommend you think before you post. The vast majority of what you say would be impossible, and there is nothing wrong with the sound of a S2000, though they could be doing with being a bit quicker. Have you ever seen one at an event?

Agree about Safari coming back in though, hopefully will in years to come.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Again, I recommend you think before you post. The vast majority of what you say would be impossible, and there is nothing wrong with the sound of a S2000, though they could be doing with being a bit quicker. Have you ever seen one at an event?

Agree about Safari coming back in though, hopefully will in years to come.
    i have at a couple of rallies and to be honest i cant understand why people find them exciting! IMO they seemed underpowered especially during acceleration.

So as for me the new s2k or S1,6K cars will make rallying less
    interesting watch then it is now.

How exciting is WTCC compared to DTM?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How many factory teams would you have in that mega-championship of yours? None, of course! So, if you love antique cars, you should go to a classic rally. There are a lot of good events throughout the world. But let's face it, what kind of company would compete and promote vintage technology?

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
    i have at a couple of rallies and to be honest i cant understand why people find them exciting! IMO they seemed underpowered especially during acceleration.

So as for me the new s2k or S1,6K cars will make rallying less
    interesting watch then it is now.
    All depends on the turbo, they could easily be faster than current WRCs.

To be honest I find any well driven car exciting to watch and while I'd agree they are not that powerful I really enjoy watching them, much better than a normal group N car.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    What I think we all refuse to admit is that it dosen't matter if cars are going to be cheapper, there will still be an "empty" championship in my opinion.

Nowadays is hard for a manufacter to think on the prospects of a World Rally team. I mean think about it, why spend millions on a rally program, to advert you car models when at this current state sales are pretty low, and we all know why.

Surelly there are still some companys who are willing to spend that amount of money. Citroen is fine and there brand belongs to a big group, just like Skoda, so they cand find money, although not in an huge amount.
    Ford still can afford it, although I think if it was for them, the team would have already been scratched, but I reckon M-Sport still holds the team together mainly because they want to sell rally cars, and a World rally team is a perfect window for adverteisment.

I have hope on a bright future for the sport, and I guess sooner or latter the sport will get there, again like it was some years back, but the problem dosent reside on the structure of the sport, but in the World we live in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What we need is S2000 cars with the F2000 Regulations with four wheel drive 2Ltr N/A engines with rev limiters at 10,000Rpm and no inlet restrictions. 330Bhp easy with a 1000Kg weight limit. Mechanical diffs, Semi Auto gearboxes without paddles, and the calender from 2002.

Simple
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...