Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MMMMM Melandri

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Melandri.. The new Biaggi?

Quite humourous as ususal from motogpnews.com .. But does it hold some truth? I think so, surely Melandri isnt in a position to be complaining in such a way? Any rider would KILL to have the ride he has (bar Hayden and Pedrosa) I think he should just keep it quiet, or we will see him get the sack at the end of the year, if not before..

"Beefing horse-face Marco Melandri has turned back the clocks to 2005 and given us all a classic Max Biaggi style whine regarding a lack of equality at HRC.

Where's the beef? Marco whining looks set to see him sacked

Back in 2005 things were very different. Edwards still hadn't won a race, Pedrosa was only knee-high to a grasshopper and a certain Roman Empress was about to embark on a season of purest whinge against Honda and the lack of equality he claimed to be receiving. Biaggi's beefing upset the top-noodles at HRC so much that they banned him from ever riding a Honda motorcycle again as well as vetoing his proposed purchase of 1998 bottle green Honda Civic that had caught his eye in the classified section of the Rome Times.

We all missed Max in 2006 but, just like his hair, it seems though a new fake version is returning to amuse us all. Step forward Marco Melandri.

Although Melandri has yet to grow an annoying beard or get beaten up by a wasp the young Italian is keen on emulating Biaggi by slagging off Honda. Marco's biggest beef is that HRC promised him a full factory bike for 2007 to convince him not to join Ducati. Unfortunately the small print of his contract was not read as it unclearly stated 'you're an idiot if you believe anything we say'.
    To make Melandri's moaning bitterer than a Gibernau frown the Italian was comprehensively outpaced in Jerez by his average team-mate Fat Toni Elias.

"Equal bikes" echoed the beefing horse "that's what I was promised - the same bike as Pedrosa and that farmer. But my bike is not equal. It's a nail. I've asked many times for it not to be a nail but Honda just ignore me or mutter 'sucker' under their breath. My tyres are rubbish too. Equal tyres that's all I asked for…actually I didn't. But I didn't sign up to ride on Bridgestone's to then find I didn't have an unfair advantage. It's not fair."

Immediately after the Jerez race Melandri swore at his pit crew then stormed out of his pitbox knocking over an elderly lady with a bad hip which caused her to fall into a mincing machine*.
    All we can do now is sit back and enjoy Marco getting sacked.

* Fact to be confirmed"

I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Poor old Marco Biaggi. Max Melandri seems to be doing OK though
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    IIRC the same problem with full factory spec bikes for Gresini was an issue either in 2003 with kato or 2004 with Sete

Repsol objected to giving full factory spec bikes to Gresini because they were sponored by rivals Castrol so HRC gave gresini an 'almost' factory spec bike
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Melandri isn't alone, there are many subtances out-there being treated isn't fair and square. I'm with my great empathy towards such case as Melandri and Biaggi eventhough their problems are different.

I think Melandri watchs something trough someone else's looking glass, in this case are Nicky and Dani that lead him to think about 'what ifs', What if he was Nicky what if he was Dani, HRC will support him fully. I'am not sure about Nicky, in this two races he wasn't even marked difference better than Melandri. As for Pedrosa i believe his ability deserves to get everything better from Honda.

Melandri please keep in mind that everyone bear their own fate since he was born, however my understanding is with such great empathy for those have such feeling inequitably treated.