Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Put this guy in a group N car and lets see what he can do. Looks like he can drive a car! =)

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas_mcrae
    T
    I just have one question, what is the loophole he used to enter the rally??
    There was no loop hole.

He didn't enter a WRC event, he entered a follow on event, similar to that which many events run.

The WRC format is very prescriptive, and it excludes anything that doesn't comply with the regulations.

Organisers cater for their other competitors with events than run immediately after the WRC event.

Makes a good story line, but it isn't correct.

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler
    There was no loop hole.

He didn't enter a WRC event, he entered a follow on event, similar to that which many events run.

The WRC format is very prescriptive, and it excludes anything that doesn't comply with the regulations.

Organisers cater for their other competitors with events than run immediately after the WRC event.

Makes a good story line, but it isn't correct.
    Well, actually from this year, so called 'National cars' can run in WRC under specific conditions. One is that their results do not appear on the official WRC results. In fact, this new regulation just sanctions what many WRC organisers have been doing for several years, that is running piggy-back rallies to boost entry numbers.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido
    Well, actually from this year, so called 'National cars' can run in WRC under specific conditions. One is that their results do not appear on the official WRC results. In fact, this new regulation just sanctions what many WRC organisers have been doing for several years, that is running piggy-back rallies to boost entry numbers.
    I agree with you RH. There was no "loophole". He did what anyone could have done, and looks like he had a real good time doing it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah I've been reading a little bit more and there was no loophole, its just that drivers in Rally America (the mexican rally america, following wrc) could enter cars that correspond to Rally America regulations (the US championship) as long as the covered the OPEN class specifications. As the BMW had passed a Rally America (US) inspection and had run the 100 Acre wood rally, it was fine to run the mexican rally america.

I knows is kindda confusing with all the "Rally America"s ....

I heard during the rally that Rally Mexico organiser were thinking about running a joint event next year WRC/MEXICAN CHAMPIONSHIP/RALLY AMERICA (US), so S drivers could get points towards the american championship. I guess that would be a good idea, bigger entry and we could see how the open class US cars do against WRC/group N/s2000 in the same stages!