Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pearson injured in Senior Race

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/head...rlifted/?imw=Y

This is proof that old people shouldn't be allowed to drive.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Why do you say that?
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Controversy
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It is wrong..a. young man would have been hurt just as bad, and god knows guys younger than Charlie Glotzbach have driven straight into the driver's door of other drivers at Bristol...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I have no problems with the old people driving....I have problems with the lack of safety features built in to the cars they r driving as well as the lack of rules forcing them to where the same safety equipment today's drivers have to wear....Full faced helmets, gloves, hans device (etc).

That was the most scared I have been in a LOONG time watching a a race. I was in the middle of typing a post in another tread and looking back at it, it really messed me up for a few minutes...I honestly thought he was dead, looking at the amount of intrusion into the drivers compartment.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    I have no problems with the old people driving....I have problems with the lack of safety features built in to the cars they r driving as well as the lack of rules forcing them to where the same safety equipment today's drivers have to wear....Full faced helmets, gloves, hans device (etc).

That was the most scared I have been in a LOONG time watching a a race. I was in the middle of typing a post in another tread and looking back at it, it really messed me up for a few minutes...I honestly thought he was dead, looking at the amount of intrusion into the drivers compartment.....
    Well those are ProCup Latemodels. Basically those same cars or similar race at short tracks across the continent all the time. So I don't put this down to the cars, and while a HANS and full cover would be great, I think I just put this down to one of those racing deals. It was a weird accident and maybe ole Charlie didn't react as fast as he would have 30 years ago....

I suspect we just saw our last oldtimers race at Bristol tho...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We were there watching that - horrific crash. Then track commentator said casually that they did not have spotters.

The guy who won the race would have qualified his car for the Nationwide race - so they were not hanging around.

Pearson lost it, but had been blazing - nice run - not the fastest, but quick, and then lost it going in to turn two.

Glotz had no chance to avoid him. It was horrible to see, but NO SPOTTERS ??!!??!!?? How come?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    We were there watching that - horrific crash. Then track commentator said casually that they did not have spotters.

The guy who won the race would have qualified his car for the Nationwide race - so they were not hanging around.

Pearson lost it, but had been blazing - nice run - not the fastest, but quick, and then lost it going in to turn two.

Glotz had no chance to avoid him. It was horrible to see, but NO SPOTTERS ??!!??!!?? How come?
    See, still getting conflicting reports....the day after Nascar Raceday on Speed reported that they did have spotters, so I'm kinda confused now.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    when they said they didn't have spotters we looked up at where they usually stand and didn't see them, but there were only a few and may have been standing in a different place - weird that they now say they did have them.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    when they said they didn't have spotters we looked up at where they usually stand and didn't see them, but there were only a few and may have been standing in a different place - weird that they now say they did have them.

You may every well be right since you were physically there...

It may be a case of "butt covering" after the fact on their part....