Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Surely a small team would be able to give him a drive for much less, even in he was hugely uncompetetive it'd be better if he was there. Kartworld for example...they have 2 MG's one of which he could use...He's the champion for gods sake!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I still can't believe he won't be there. WSR have a car ready for him, still 2 weeks until the season starts so a little early for him to be conceding defeat surely?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    it gets press that he might not otherwose have got, which might prompt someone to stump up the necessary funds. a long shot but it looks to be what he's been reduced to.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTCC2
    Surely a small team would be able to give him a drive for much less, even in he was hugely uncompetetive it'd be better if he was there. Kartworld for example...they have 2 MG's one of which he could use...He's the champion for gods sake!
    That i'd love to see! I think he or his Dad still owns a WSR ZS?
    Reckon he'd still be quick in that too!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    He is not going to be racing an MG or anything stupid like that! He will be in a front line car capable of winning the championship, or won't be racing at all! One of the two.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattie007
    That is incredible. Surely the prize money for winning the championship would of helped.

On the other hand, could it be a hint to Motorbase?
    There is no prize money. And even if there was, spending his own cash on a drive is not the sort of thing a reigning BTCC champion should have to do.

And he won't just drive anything for the sake of it. It would have to be a competitive car, capable of doing himself justice. Otherwise what's the point? He's almost 28 years old (tomorrow actually) and has a prestigious title under his belt, he's not at the stage yet where he's driving purely for fun, he's got a career to think about. It's all about maintaining the momentum of his championship win and keep his reputation as high as it is at the moment.

I think it says a lot about the state of the economy, if he can't get the necessary funding in place, especially with all the contacts in the business world that his dad has.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really hope Turkington can find the funds to race this season.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    only one word springs to mind.....GUTTED that's both my fave drivers out this year.
    first Rydell in the wtcc and now turks in the btcc. i mean come on...think ill be supporting plato this season then
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    I think it says a lot about the state of the economy, if he can't get the necessary funding in place, especially with all the contacts in the business world that his dad has.
    It also says a lot about the acumen of those businesses who support inferior drivers financially — and this goes for any branch of motorsport. It still beggars belief that funding can follow some around and not others, given that switching that funding to a better driver would be of more commercial benefit to the backers concerned, no matter what personal connections might be in place. Turkington, without question one of the finest touring car drivers in the world, potentially being without a drive is an example of exactly this. 'Twas ever thus, I know, but this doesn't justify it any more.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rydell, Giovanardi and Turkington, that's one hell of a touring car team right there.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.