Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting your ex

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts

Question Meeting your ex

This evening I have a meeting with my ex. We broke up six years ago and both had long term relationships since then. I am four years into my marriage. Recently we bumped into each other at a party and agreed to be on speaking terms again. I would like to be friends with her and would not mind having a coffee and chat once in while. Still, I am afraid that being single she will try to lay her claim on me again, which I would not fancy. What would you/did you do in such case?
    Llibertat

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Dangerous territory. I wouldn't go if I were you. Plenty of other people to have coffee and chat with, no?

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    ...does your Mrs know?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    As long as your wife knows and is OK with it then I see no reason to do it. I almost became detached from my testicles when I met up with an ex and didn't tell the boss
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    This evening I have a meeting with my ex. We broke up six years ago and both had long term relationships since then. I am four years into my marriage. Recently we bumped into each other at a party and agreed to be on speaking terms again. I would like to be friends with her and would not mind having a coffee and chat once in while. Still, I am afraid that being single she will try to lay her claim on me again, which I would not fancy. What would you/did you do in such case?
    If she was happily married for several years too, then perhaps. But since she is single NO! The womens code of honour will require that your wife kills your ex
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    As best I can remember, I've never broken up with a girl and been on (civil) speaking terms with her after that. This is a foreign concept to me.

But if I had only been married for four years, there's no way in hell that I would be rekindling any sort of relationship with an ex. And there's no way in hell that I would allow my wife to rekindle any sort of relationship with her ex... unless children were involved.

I like peace & quiet. I don't like drama. And I try not to give drama the opportunity to come into my life. This has drama written all over it.

Just my 2 cents.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I'm still civil with some of them. I talked to an ex yesterday in fact.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Woohoo, extremely dangerous grounds. A woman's jealousy, especially if she's your wife and loves you very much, knows no bounds. My advice, stay away from your ex if you want a peaceful married life, and please don't tell your wife that you're meeting your ex for "coffee and chat." Her brain is gonna work overtime with creative ideas and scenarios, and when you come back, it's not gonna be pretty.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I'm still civil with some of them. I talked to an ex yesterday in fact.
    Yes but if you were married you woudn't be saying that. Your wife would be cracking the whip and you wouldn't be civil with ex's
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    As best I can remember, I've never broken up with a girl and been on (civil) speaking terms with her after that. This is a foreign concept to me.

But if I had only been married for four years, there's no way in hell that I would be rekindling any sort of relationship with an ex. And there's no way in hell that I would allow my wife to rekindle any sort of relationship with her ex... unless children were involved.

I like peace & quiet. I don't like drama. And I try not to give drama the opportunity to come into my life. This has drama written all over it.

Just my 2 cents.
    If you like peace and quite, women aren't a good option to get it. But you are right. I don't want drama. Actually I have plenty of that already with my wife and I don't need an overdose. I don't want to go back on my word and cancel the meeting, though. I guess if I do not cross certain lines I am gonna get out of there alive and then not go back again.

My wife isn't aware and doesn't need to be. Women are a jealous bunch. That very ex of mine hated my women co-workers just because they were, well, women. She would go 'Those chicks in your office, they are flirting with you! They are hanging 'round your neck!' Back in the office I was jokingly asking my colleagues "Why nobody's flirting with me? Nobody hanging 'round my neck?' That was funny.
    Llibertat