Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PitMarshal
    1. Get rid of all the aero regs
    2. Remove all technical restrictions except traction control.
    3. When the teams arrive at the circuit, each car is allocated six sets of tyres and 250 litres of fuel for the entire weekend, and told to go and race.
    I disagree somewhat, how about this:

1. I say strict aero regs, that allow minimal wings, smooth bodies, and no rear difusers at all.
    2. Nearly unlimited technical regs on engine & suspension, but limit exotic materials.
    3. Unlimited tires, wheels, fuel changes, pitstops, etc., but require large enough tanks to complete race without refueling if desired.
    4. Limit fuel consumption for the race only.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

boring

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I said before that no refuelling will make the races boring, just like they were in the beginning of 90s and in 80s, complete processions.

So what happened today? All leaders pitted within a 3 laps for new tyres and that was it, no action on track.

BORING.
    i agree with u we waited 4 months 4 that rubbish.im going 2 melbourne and hope its better than that.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny
    i agree with u we waited 4 months 4 that rubbish.im going 2 melbourne and hope its better than that.
    Please don't use 'text speak', thanks
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Please don't use 'text speak', thanks
    Add to that, try to capitalise words when appropriate and a little punctuation wouldn't go astray either!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    I disagree somewhat, how about this:

1. I say strict aero regs, that allow minimal wings, smooth bodies, and no rear difusers at all.
    2. Nearly unlimited technical regs on engine & suspension, but limit exotic materials.
    3. Unlimited tires, wheels, fuel changes, pitstops, etc., but require large enough tanks to complete race without refueling if desired.
    4. Limit fuel consumption for the race only.
    Welll I'm not an unreasonable man. How about:

1. Aero regs returned to 2008 spec, as I think it's generally agreed the cars last year were fugly.

2. Engines can be either 3.0l normally aspirated or 1.5l turbo. Number of cylinders is a free choice, but 'exotic' materials are banned.

3. Unlimited fuel stops and tyre choices, BUT the tyre manufacturer(s) must make available three different dry tyre compounds with significantly different grip and wear rates.

4. Limited fuel for the race, to encourage development of fuel-efficient technologies.

5. Ban on any technologies that override or take-away the drivers input (traction control, ABS, fully-automatic gerarboxes etc). Teams found in breach of this rule will be hit with an automatic 1 race ban with no right of appeal.
    "Inside every fat person is a thin person dying for some chocolate."

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PitMarshal
    5. Ban on any technologies that override or take-away the drivers input (traction control, ABS, fully-automatic gerarboxes etc). Teams found in breach of this rule will be hit with an automatic 1 race ban with no right of appeal.
    I like that one, but I can imagine some team getting banned because they have traction control, and then the team principal arguing that they put it "by mistake", they "didnīt know how it got there" or "we didnīt want to gain any advantage with this".

This would be quite funny indeed .
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, itīs ****ing freezing cold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Pu
    I like that one, but I can imagine some team getting banned because they have traction control, and then the team principal arguing that they put it "by mistake", they "didnīt know how it got there" or "we didnīt want to gain any advantage with this".

This would be quite funny indeed .
    alot more funnier than the joke of a season we are going to have
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion