Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking Premature Conclusions!

Please consider the title of this thread, and notice my tongue is firmly in cheek!!

1. Sebastian Vettel will win the WDC. This is HIS year!

2. Ferrari will win the WCC. Massa/Alonso is an awesome combo, but neither can beat Vettel, alas Webber won't score enough to give RedBull the double.

3. Button made a HUGE mistake coming to McLaren and having to face off with Hamilton. Hamilton will demolish Jenson all year, but not challenge for the title.

4. Schumacher's comeback will be a failure. He doesn't like the understeering car, and Rosberg will beat him this year - prompting the old master to retire after this season. Rosberg is the REAL DEAL! A legend in the making.

5. Force India will score points regularly this season and be the best of the rest, but Liuzzi will be dumped for diResta. He's clearly slower than Sutil.

6. Alguersuari STILL doesn't deserve the ride. All that testing mileage, and he's still slow.

7. The new teams will bring up the rear of the field for most of 2010 with no realistic chance of beating any of the established teams. None of them will score a point, unless there is some unimaginable carnage during a race. Even then, Virgin and Hispania look far from being able to finish races at this point. Trulli's and Kovalainen's careers are over. DiGrassi won't make an impact against Glock this year, and be replaced too.

8. Karun Chandhok is amazing, being less than 2 seconds behind Senna on even just 7 installation laps. This guy is going places!

9. Webber will lose his RedBull seat for 2011, since he is clearly not keeping up with Vettel.

10. Petrov is the next Alguersuari.

11. This is Barrichello's last season. He's got his hands full with Hülkenberg, and losing to him won't make him look good enough to add another year.

12. Kobayashi was a flash in the pan, and he'll fade away, getting beaten by a senior citizen on comeback.

13. Kubica is going to have exactly the same kind of year he had last year at BMW.

Once again, I am being deliberately premature, just for fun!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Some good observations there mate

I wonder if the press have already bitten on any of these after quali?

I agree that Chandhok did a hell of a job though. But I disagree with your Barrichello thing, because Rubinho beat Hulk fairly easily today in the end.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Please consider the title of this thread, and notice my tongue is firmly in cheek!!

2. Ferrari will win the WCC. Massa/Alonso is an awesome combo, but neither can beat Vettel, alas Webber won't score enough to give RedBull the double.

3. Button made a HUGE mistake coming to McLaren and having to face off with Hamilton. Hamilton will demolish Jenson all year, but not challenge for the title.

4. Schumacher's comeback will be a failure. He doesn't like the understeering car, and Rosberg will beat him this year - prompting the old master to retire after this season. Rosberg is the REAL DEAL! A legend in the making.

5. Force India will score points regularly this season and be the best of the rest, but Liuzzi will be dumped for diResta. He's clearly slower than Sutil.

6. Alguersuari STILL doesn't deserve the ride. All that testing mileage, and he's still slow.

7. The new teams will bring up the rear of the field for most of 2010 with no realistic chance of beating any of the established teams. None of them will score a point, unless there is some unimaginable carnage during a race. Even then, Virgin and Hispania look far from being able to finish races at this point. Trulli's and Kovalainen's careers are over. DiGrassi won't make an impact against Glock this year, and be replaced too.

8. Karun Chandhok is amazing, being less than 2 seconds behind Senna on even just 7 installation laps. This guy is going places!

9. Webber will lose his RedBull seat for 2011, since he is clearly not keeping up with Vettel.

10. Petrov is the next Alguersuari.

11. This is Barrichello's last season. He's got his hands full with Hülkenberg, and losing to him won't make him look good enough to add another year.

12. Kobayashi was a flash in the pan, and he'll fade away, getting beaten by a senior citizen on comeback.

13. Kubica is going to have exactly the same kind of year he had last year at BMW.

Once again, I am being deliberately premature, just for fun!
    I really cant find much to quibble with here except for 11...I think Barrichello will drive for as long as he likes, if for no other reason than the amount of respect people in the paddock have for him....It may not be the best seat in the paddock, but he'll have a drive for as long as he wants one, Imo
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Just a few contrasts of opinion.

1. I think Alonso has as much a chance of getting a third title but I expect it to be close between him and Vettel all season long.

11. I don't think Barrichello has his hands full just yet. But if he doesn't beat Hulkenberg considerably then I do expect him to be fighting for a seat at a good midfield team at least - but if he wants to stay, I'm sure he'll end up somewhere.

12. I still think Kobayashi has pace but Sauber have given us an unfair belief from winter testing that their car is fast. It's plainly not.

13. I think Kubica will have a much better year than last. Renault don't have a great car but I expect him to ring the neck off it and produce the best out of it, even if, on paper, it doesn't look impressive.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rosberg is the REAL DEAL! A legend in the making.
    Good joke!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I still think that it is very, very early to make any predictions. But Ferrari are looking good, I have to say, the RBR is very competitive, McLaren should not be discounted and who knows what Mercedes GP can do?
    Formula 1

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    interesting conclusion, some my remarks:

1. Vettel is really impressive, favourite to the title, but I expect Alonso to fight with him till the end of the season

3. I think Button will improve race after race but still Hamilton will be better but I'm not sure if he "destroy" Jenson. McLaren probably can't match Red Bull and Ferrari so weak chances for Hamilton for the title.

4. Schumacher showed that he can adapt to every circumstances so he will be very strong. Rosberg may beat him but IMO the difference in scored points at the end of the season will be very small between them.

7. I bet Lotus and Virgin will score some points. 1, maybe 2 or 3... In the past even Minardi managed to score points from time to time and it was time when poins was given to top 6.

9. If Kimi decides to return to F1 probably yes, if not, Webber could be strong no 2. In last year he wasn't very away from Vettel.

10. Maybe, but it's too early to ultimate conclusion. Yes, I know it's topic about premature conclusion ;-)

11. Probably last season, I think he would not like to waste time by finishing races about 10 th place.. But who knows.

13. Agree with 52Paddy - I think it will be much better season for Kubica, I bet he will end season on 6-9 place (in 2009 he was 14 th).

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    One thing that will not happen this year is for HRT to win a race.
    Massa will probably become champion by luck, and not by pace alone.

Theese are just 2 of my bizarre predictions, nothing important.

And BTW, I can imagine Kimi getting fed up of th WRC and returning to F1.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest

And BTW, I can imagine Kimi getting fed up of th WRC and returning to F1.
    I can't. His persona didn't seem to suit F1. With rallying, he appears to have his feet more on the ground and, even though he is struggling to impress so far, I think he is happier doing rallying. If he stops rallying, I doubt he'll be wanting to come back to F1.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    I can't. His persona didn't seem to suit F1. With rallying, he appears to have his feet more on the ground and, even though he is struggling to impress so far, I think he is happier doing rallying. If he stops rallying, I doubt he'll be wanting to come back to F1.
    This is massively off-topic, but am I mistaken in saying that he has yet to complete a single rally without crashing? :