Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moraes in at KV

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    MM just wrote a big check, and people are happy? How about paying Rahal, JR or others to drive the car.

A paid driver, would have been "awesome". A paying driver, not so much.

Paid? With what? You gonna pony up some sponsor money?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Paid? With what? You gonna pony up some sponsor money?

Gary
    KK has more wealth than Mr. Penske, who is paying three drivers, for three cars, with sponsoship for only about one car. RP is a class act all the way.

KK...a joke.

Viso, Moaes and Sato...have all paid for their rides. Team rent a ride is alive and well, and it is disgusting.

PT, GR, JRH would have been great choices, but nooo. KK...a joke.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    KK has more wealth than Mr. Penske, who is paying three drivers, for three cars, with sponsoship for only about one car. RP is a class act all the way.

KK...a joke.

Viso, Moaes and Sato...have all paid for their rides. Team rent a ride is alive and well, and it is disgusting.

PT, GR, JRH would have been great choices, but nooo. KK...a joke.

Damn right. Give em' hell, EE!

KV's lineup might be the most unappealing 3 car team in the history of American racing.

But as long as the check's clear from Honda, Venezuelan oil money and Mario Moraes's family trustfund, then who gives a crap? Just take the money and hope to survive for another year and not find a sponsor on your own. The Indy Car Way!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In fairness E.J. Viso brings legitimate sponsorship with him, PDVSA and Herbalife are both real companies, and Sato's car is going to be wrapped in Lotus colors from St. Pete onward, so they are finding legitimate sponsors.

Also they did a massive sponsor search to find Mario Moraes a sponsor, but came up empty.

I don't think this is the year that KV wanted, but I'm pretty certain Jimmy Vassar knows you can't build a three-car team by relying on a rotating cast of ride buyers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Split Decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    In fairness E.J. Viso brings legitimate sponsorship with him, PDVSA and Herbalife are both real companies, and Sato's car is going to be wrapped in Lotus colors from St. Pete onward, so they are finding legitimate sponsors.

Also they did a massive sponsor search to find Mario Moraes a sponsor, but came up empty.

I don't think this is the year that KV wanted, but I'm pretty certain Jimmy Vassar knows you can't build a three-car team by relying on a rotating cast of ride buyers.
    I'll give you Viso, though his family has connections to PDVSA.

But Sato and MM wrote checks. KK owns Cosworth, who just happens to be powering Lotus. PT, and others more deserving could have been put in these cars IF performance was the top priority. Vasser knows that better than anyone else on the team.

And, to be fair, there certainly are other teams that have taken on paid drivers. But, they do not have the wealth of a KK. That, is what is disgusting to me.
    Green, Green, Green!