Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dodgy Doggy Insurance

This is one that's made me sad at British people in general and angry with the way we live now.

It is possible that all dogs in the UK will have to be insured 'third party' in the future, and that they will have to be chipped with an identity number for life, it's reported today.

Where to start .... sod it, THIS IS A POINTLESS TAX ON ME AND MY PETS!

Call me a rebel, but I refuse to insure my dogs against them injuring another person. Why the hell should I? The people with dogs (which are mostly already banned breeds anyway) who bite won't bother. The people they mainly bite won't claim (because their own dog is probably banned, too). The people who get their dog chipped then have it bite will simply say they sold it, or give false details when the chip goes in in the first place. Or they'll cut the chip out if it does bite.

There will be false claims among certain sections of the population and idiots who irritate dogs into nipping so they can claim. It'll a nice earner for some people. It'll also be a nice earner for the insurance companies. And who'll be paying most? Me, a sensible dog owner who has one grumpy other-dog-hater and one terrified-of-strangers dog.

At the moment I keep my dogs either away from the public or on short leads. I warn other dog owners to stay away from Kipper as he attacks other dogs with no warning. Will they bother listening if they know they can claim any vet bills from me? I doubt it. As it stands now, once I've warned them and I keep my dog under control, I'm not liable for their dog's safety or vet bills. That will be reversed under this new possible system. That's just plain wrong in my opinion!

So, whatever the law becomes, you can count me out.
    I'm not paying.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Another pointless British resistance to what is actually quite a good idea.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Couple of points, Daniel.
    If you dislike the 'pointless' Brits, who don't you go back home? I get to have a go at us, you do not. It' rude when this country has welcomed you.

Secondly, what's good about it? How often do dogs bite you?
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another bureaucracy adventure. How fun. Tell them to roll over.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't own a dog but would it not be far cheaper to put your dog in a mussle (sp?) when it's out in public? I suppose this does stop a dog attacking someone in a home but then dogs that do are generally banned breeds anyway. A part of me lacks sympathy if the illegal dog attacks it's owners.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Couple of points, Daniel.
    If you dislike the 'pointless' Brits, who don't you go back home? I get to have a go at us, you do not. It' rude when this country has welcomed you.

Secondly, what's good about it? How often do dogs bite you?
    Firstly Hazell, I don't have Brits, I just hate the backward frame of mind which some of them have.

Secondly how often do dogs bite people or other dogs. My parents have had 2 dogs attacked by other dogs and you yourself admit to having a dog which is liable to attack other dogs.

Thirdly I doubt this will be a miniscule cost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_licence

Also, dog licences were around in the UK prior to 1987 so this isn't a new thing.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm with Hazell: it's the usual response to burden everybody because of the actions of a few (who probably won't obey the law anyway).

A few people speed, so we all get lumbered with speed bumps and calming instead of the bad motorists being dealt with.

A few people binge drink and smash up town centres, so a tax is proposed to make booze more expensive for everybody - ignoring the fact that the group supposedly being targeted generally has quite a high disposable income.

Now a tiny minority of people can't or won't control their dogs so again it's proposed that everybody has a compulsory tax put on them instead of properly punishing those who genuinely offend.

I'm writing to the Daily Express.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Also, dog licences were around in the UK prior to 1987 so this isn't a new thing.
    We used to have a black and white dog. We couldn't afford the licence for a colour one...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    We used to have a black and white dog. We couldn't afford the licence for a colour one...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Next will be licenses on cats. It is being talked about here.
    Nice innocent little puddy tats.
    Like my sweet little puma breed. Well not so little.