Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Zee Germans could join zee auzzies??

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/g...0309-pvdm.html

I would actually love to see this.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finally, some much needed diversity. Virtually ridiculous to have had it a two way series for so long. Good on those who are thinking about it.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I will bet that although this is a good thing, Ford and Holden will whinge until foreign manufacturers are canned. Much like 1992.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Ford and Holden, which are involved in V8 Supercar to promote locally built cars to an Australian audience, are unlikely to be as impressed.

I think that we've seen both Ford and Holden's attitude to motor racing time and time again in Australia. Holden think they own it, Ford are ambivalent and bugger everyone else.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this move if there is any substance to it, would finally put holden and ford in their place and more than likely, see them step up to the plate and really use this to boost car sales in australia to higher market...

you never know...in five years time they may well be making cars that can compete on the street against a merc or bmw in build quality and design...

ha ha...who am i kidding....

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Well the new Camaro has been released in Australia, and now that we've had the Camaro and the Commodore side by side we can see for ourselves that the build quality of the American product despite being built on the same Zeta platform as the Commodore is even worse than the Commodore Executive.

And yet GM had the gall to kill the Monaro?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I've just creamed my pants!

Yes, I know it's hi-tech-NASCAR-road-racing-series but I would love to see Lexus IS-F in the mix.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I've just creamed my pants!

Yes, I know it's hi-tech-NASCAR-road-racing-series but I would love to see Lexus IS-F in the mix.
    how dare you say NASCAR ....

The possibility of Merc, Audi, BMW, Lexus (or anyone else with a four door, rear wheel drive V8)...competing as V8 supercars, would quite frankly make this one of the best motorsports out there...a truely mouth watering proposition...

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Most excellent. If Holden and Ford start protesting as if they own the series I hope that the newcomers put them in their place.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More manufactures = higher costs = less cars = less racing = less interest = less money = even less cars = even less racing = even less interest = bye-bye V8 Supercars.

That's how they killed CanAm, Group C, the old DTM and lots of other series.

Good racing series rely on the teams, not the manufactures, F 1 and NASCAR are just finding out.

Manufactures can (and will) pull out any time and sponsor golf or tennis. Teams can't just pull out, racing is their income.

It's people like Ross Brawn, Peter Sauber, Joe (I mean Andrea) Nemechek or Tommy Baldwin that keep the series running when the manufactures pull out.

To say something positive: If more manufactures step into V8 Supercars rules, than at least use them for DTM too and get rid of the wimpy DTM cars.
    cts1691