Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Ogier slowed down on the penultimate stage. Team orders? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtt99BhQAzo
    twitter.com/paddocknews

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Surely if Citroen wanted to do team tactics then they would just do like Ford did, or like they have done in the past, and stop one driver?

Sounds like a bit of a paranoid notion TBH, better staart fashioning that tin foil hat ready for when we get 'visitors' :
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Valmacher - not team orders. Seb just wanted to be 3rd on the road on Sunday to give him a better chance of beating Petter. Almost worked a charm.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    But that is not from saturday but from the penultimate stage of the rally according to the time.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No..... this is indeed the penultimate stage..

wow, I didn't expect that. Will this be to push Petter up on the starting order in Jordan?

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Having seen his reaction I doubt that Petter was faking his joy so I dont believe he would have known that Seb II had to been told to slow, all this does is humiliate Petter - or is that their tactic, to unsettle him mentally after all, the works team must have known the footage would get out.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Mmm, it very strange to slow on the penultimate stage - is there something going on? Citroen do a favour for Petter in return for what....???

Personally, I don't like all these tactics, I just want to see drivers flat out driving. It might not be as bad if there were 3-4 other Works teams.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

That is bizarre then. Sorry - I assumed it was the last stage on Saturday.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Remember in Citroen, everything is done for Loeb, and for Loeb only. I feel quite positive this was done to slow Petter down slightly for day 1 in Jordan, and also to have Ogier behind him, meaning they may be able to control to get the starting order Petter - Ogier - Loeb on day 2. Obviously there are other drivers that will probably get into that picture, but nervertheless, they may see Petter as the biggest threat next to Mikko, so this tactic actually makes sense. It's a fair trade, to pull Ogier down to 3rd, for having a better chance for Loeb on the next victory. It's just one scenario that could occur, but I think that is enough for them to make this tactic. They play the odds, simply. But this is way more tactic than I enjoy to see.

Just had a look at the splits from SS21 and Ogier only lost 1.1s on the last split. Petter said he was flat out and really good on the last bit, so I figure that something is wrong with that data. Maybe the picture is from the last stage on Saturday and the tmes have been pasted on from SS21?

Or am I just an optomistic and ill-informed Petter Solberg fan who can't accept it?