Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    Anyway, event for me was weak, the stages ok, but service park is not. There are hotels there but thats it. Each hotel where you go into they screen your car and bags like on airports...
    Next event NZ, at least that one is going to be good as it is 40th edition
    The reporter, Anette Latva-Piikkilä, reported samekind of things, claimed it was difficult to do her work.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Was one of the most pathetic rallies I have ever watched. Seeing all the bullsh*t unfold before me was depressing. What happened to drivers actually driving and winning on their driving abilities?

Now they basically drive the first day to lie 4th or 5th on the road and have these other young guys specially employed for the purpose of then being their lacky within the team cleaning the road for them.

A team needs about 3 cars to try and ensure one guy wins. Mr Quesnel also, every time he talks about why he did something the filthy smirk, I couldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

Thank goodness I have the better days of rallying on DVD's, just pop those in everytime I need a WRC fix now, watching the recent dribble is not worth it.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ricardo Batista www.SuperMotores.net PortalF1.com

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    The only important thing is that Seb. Loeb won and that's it..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbatista82
    Nice pics... But where is the yellow C4?
    Never give up...

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Just have to add that with two manufacturers and stupid rule this sport has been destroyed. Hope next year will change everything...

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    Just have to add that with two manufacturers and stupid rule this sport has been destroyed. Hope next year will change everything...
    Not very much will change next year. New car rules mean that hi-tech stays, paddle shift gearboxes, direct injection (200 BAR) turbo engines etc. Maybe Prodrive Mini joins in but I suspect Citroen have had their way, and it will be a Citroen/Ford series in the "new era" Sorry to be negative, but I cant see many manufacturers rushing in with the expensive slightly changed status quo. I don't like S2000 / IRC but at least it has manufacturers, and more cars capable of winning. I feel that allowing hi-tech will keep new manufacturers away. - I hope I am wrong.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Škoda confirmed ongoing development of new WRC car. In the moment we don't know if they want to only supply private teams or also take part in WRC as works team.

So in the moment it looks like we have four new generation WRC cars for start - DS3, Fiesta, Mini and Fabia. At least it's more than two
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Škoda confirmed ongoing development of new WRC car. In the moment we don't know if they want to only supply private teams or also take part in WRC as works team.

So in the moment it looks like we have four new generation WRC cars for start - DS3, Fiesta, Mini and Fabia. At least it's more than two
    Thats good, and I am glad if that's the case. I had picked up on something about Skoda - can you point me to something official? Rumours that the official announcement re the Prrodrive Mini later this month. Names connected with Prodrive Mini are rumoured to be Kris Meeke, PG Andersson and Chris Atkinson. Allthough everyone (including Prodrive management) are denying that anything about drivers is sorted.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    The source is this article (in Czech only): http://moto.sport.cz/moto/rallye/166...ou-rallye.html

Mr. Hrabánek, Škoda Motorsport boss, confirmed there that Škoda will continue in S2000 development and in the same time starts development of 1.6T engine for future WRC car which he considered important for Škoda because new WRC cars will be allowed in all FIA championships, not WRC only. As far as I understand that is the main reason for building that car.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump