Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    Am I the only one seeing Ogier drop out of Citroen next year for other manufacter seat??!!
    Its totally impossible your honour maybe if there is another french team in 2011 :
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    There is a very simple solution (which has been used in various national cahmpionships) to stop drivers from deliberately slowing down: Award championship points for every day as well as the overall position at the finish.

I think, drivers and teams will think twice if they have to sacrifice let's say five points for a better road position.

Problem is, I must admit, that won't stop them from fussing araound with TCs the next day.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    No, points every day makes the points system very difficult to understand and then it is not rally but rally sprint.
    There are actually several possibilities.
    1. Use shakedown as a qualification for first day and then top 10 reversed. No need to put top 15 cars in reverse order. In Jordan we had only 10 WRC- cars. No need to put too slow drivers in front.
    2. Between first and zero cars apply sweeper cars. For example cars that will be financed by different programs like Pirelli star drivers who dont drive for their own money. They must be 4WD cars and they should create similar lines to WRCars.

At the end of day we still have problem. Who can guarantee that if we find some drivers too front of the start list (fails to do well in shakedown) then no one else from sattellite team wont check in early and give better road position for official driver? There is easy solution. No early check-in. Currently you get 1 minute penalty for one minute early. Then there will not be any penalties. It will not be allowed to check in early. You can just fell back with time penalty but you cannot start earlier.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    I thought that time penalties didn't count towards starting position, did I just imagine that or was it a throwback to the days of Sainz & McRae ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    Not a waste of time, need to drive a bit to get the feeling, especially drivers who gets little to no testing. How will you know how to setup the car for the rally? How about F1 practices, waste of times? No testings for newcomers like Rosjean.
    Well shakedown stages seldom reflect the caracter of the actual rally stages, and also if you think there is time to do bigger changes in the setup, you are wrong in that too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    I thought that time penalties didn't count towards starting position, did I just imagine that or was it a throwback to the days of Sainz & McRae ?
    When you are late in the morning then you lose your starting position. When you are early in the morning then you can drive in front of the cars in front of you (depends how many minutes early). So, my idea is to not count "reaching early" to the time control or just give penalty but without changes in road position. You can put the car back where he belonged when he is early (you cannot do that when driver is late for example).
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe Citröen and Ford could pay of some of the backdrivers/privateers (Gr.N or whatever) to show up really early, and the they could sweap the road...
    Never give up...

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    I took the time to read all the today's posts and must admit, I'm very disappointment for all of you guys.....You are behaving like old grandmothers, squealing, crying, accusing Quesnel as a criminal!!!??? Who the hell are you, by what right are you doing this?? If the rules permit this, accept this like an adult person !! Loeb would win either way.
    Instead you should concentrate on the event, the race was pretty interesting, a lot of changes, particularly in the SWRC class, not to mention first points for Räikkönen-good job Kimi, calm ride, keep on Kimi.....
    I have a feeling that all Ford fans are now offended and you are looking for an excuse in dirty tactics, but the problem is in the Ford M-Sport department: they don't have a driver capable to tackle Loeb!! Here is the essence of the problem. Now just attention is turning away....And this tactic can be a good excuse. And a further pain for Ford fans is Mr.Ogier, who is entering in WRC drivers elite with big steps....
    So, I'm very pleased by a great Loeb victory, see you in Turkey. Champagne will be waiting for the fastest..Citroën will bring glasses ! Good night!

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    If taken at the last control of the day (start order decided based on results after last stage of the day, excluding possible superSS). But if they take penalties the following morning, then they obviously apply.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci
    I took the time to read all the today's posts and must admit, I'm very disappointment for all of you guys.....You are behaving like old grandmothers, squealing, crying, accusing Quesnel as a criminal!!!??? Who the hell are you, by what right are you doing this?? If the rules permit this, accept this like an adult person !! Loeb would win either way.
    Instead you should concentrate on the event, the race was pretty interesting, a lot of changes, particularly in the SWRC class, not to mention first points for Räikkönen-good job Kimi, calm ride, keep on Kimi.....
    I have a feeling that all Ford fans are now offended and you are looking for an excuse in dirty tactics, but the problem is in the Ford M-Sport department: they don't have a driver capable to tackle Loeb!! Here is the essence of the problem. Now just attention is turning away....And this tactic can be a good excuse. And a further pain for Ford fans is Mr.Ogier, who is entering in WRC drivers elite with big steps....
    So, I'm very pleased by a great Loeb victory, see you in Turkey. Champagne will be waiting for the fastest..Citroën will bring glasses ! Good night!
    I kinda agree with you.. But if Loeb would win anyway, why do all this?
    Never give up...