Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw
    When I was watching the last day of Mexico footage, it seemed like Ogier slowed down significantly at the end of the last long gravel stage (SS21).

His codriver seemed to be counting? It was almost as if he wanted to allow Petter to finish very close.

Am I seeing things?
    He definitely didn't slow down, but you weren't seeing things either. MotorsTV was just incompetent and showed some of Saturday's footage as SS21 . I was also very confused when I saw that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That explains it, thanks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heard somewhere that Sordo's seat will be safe, even if he is outdone by Ogier on a couple of occassions.
    For me, Ogier is the next Loeb. Great drive in Sweden and an even better drive to finish 3rd in Mexico. He also did great on the Monte this year, even though he spun on the first day, losing a lot of time, he fought back like a madman enough to actually make Hirvonen a tad nervous.
    I'm sure that he will be the next best thing in rallying, definiteley one day emulating Loeb's success.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    This is a bit OT, but why everybody assumes after some couple of really good performances by Ogier that Sordo will be replaced? After Sweden everybody was talking about how good progress Sordo has gone through and now this... I'm confused ... do you guys have too short memory or what?

I like Ogier a lot, as well as Sordo actually, but using common sense me thinks Sordo is waaaaaay lot better on tarmac, equal on gravel and faster on snowy/icy conditions. Ogier may become better than him, but as it is right now and in the past, Sordo has been very very efficient number 2 for Citroen.

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    This is a bit OT, but why everybody assumes after some couple of really good performances by Ogier that Sordo will be replaced? After Sweden everybody was talking about how good progress Sordo has gone through and now this... I'm confused ... do you guys have too short memory or what?

I like Ogier a lot, as well as Sordo actually, but using common sense me thinks Sordo is waaaaaay lot better on tarmac, equal on gravel and faster on snowy/icy conditions. Ogier may become better than him, but as it is right now and in the past, Sordo has been very very efficient number 2 for Citroen.
    As in F1, that WRC tries to emulate, you are as good as your last result

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    It will be interesting to see if Ogier can beat Sordo on pace alone in Jordan, which I think he is capable of.

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    for sure at the moment ogier is sordos nemesis and it wont be long sordo will leave citroen for any team available even if means less pay.
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    If Sordo gets some more 'pathetic' team orders thrown at him, he might walk out of the team and let Ogier in.