Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    At the same time, DO remember that PT's age is getting higher and higher and the less racing he does, the less marketable he becomes.
    If I were Monster or Subway or whatever, would I want to put all my money forth to sponsor a driver that is about to reach the pinnacle of the mountain? Or young blood that has room to grow and make a home for many years?

If he dominates and gets the respect he deserves, another window of opportunity could open for Indycar and it's popularity, kinda like Brett Favre did for the NFL......
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    I find it a bit abnormal that both Monster and GEICO lists PT as one of "their" athletes but neither of them is willing to step up and sponsor him in IndyCar...
    These are businesses, not charities. I remember PT saying last year that Monster told him that teams are asking for 3 or 4 times more than the currant value of exposure they would get with Indycar's ratings. Until the IRL finds a way to get TV ratings back to respectable, this issue won't change.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    These are businesses, not charities. I remember PT saying last year that Monster told him that teams are asking for 3 or 4 times more than the currant value of exposure they would get with Indycar's ratings. Until the IRL finds a way to get TV ratings back to respectable, this issue won't change.
    That makes sense. Stop this crazy talk. Having ratings would help? Oh boy..don't tell that to some people....they think it is all because team owners are just stupid. THe problem is racing costs what it does.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".