Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Edwards Keselowski Accident

OK, so I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I just caught the accident between Edwards and Keselowski. I have to say I'm totally disgusted by this kind of driving. It seems that this is acceptable in this branch of motor sport and I'm at a total loss to understand why. How long do we have to wait before a driver is killed, or even worse spectators? If this behavior is allowed to continue then I'm afraid it is just a matter of time. Making the excuse that one driver did this or that to justify wrecking another car is never acceptable.

What is equally worrying to me is that this crass driving is making its way down to the lower levels, and young kids starting out in, for example Legends cars start to believe that the front bumper is a substitute for talent.

This is one of the reasons why this series is 'entertainment' and not motor sport. Very Sad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's how you take care of things on a racetrack in a stock car. As Carl said in his interview, that should be the end of it between those two and that will be that.

Certainly nobody wanted to see him take flight, but I betcha Ole' Brad learned a lesson today. Sometimes a real hard wallop into a wall, will give you a new apprecation for your actions on a racetrack.

Kid is bad fast, but he is a jerk on the track and he has pissed off almost everyone in Nationwide and Cup in the past few years.

You continue to mess with the same guy and someday, he's gonna get you.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a wild finish. I was so hoping Juan Montoya would of won though.

Im glad Brad K is alright but what comes around goes around. He got his payback from flipping Carl last year at Talladega.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

We already have a thread for this:
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...=137269&page=2

That said, I agree with Scotty G

And Gloomy day, it took me three looks at your post before I got it...
    LMAO!!!!!!

We don't usually lock threads in the Nascar Forum...feelings don't get hurt quite as easily here as in other racing series...

#4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    LMAO!!!!!!

We don't usually lock threads in the Nascar Forum...feelings don't get hurt quite as easily here as in other racing series...

Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    That's how you take care of things on a racetrack in a stock car. As Carl said in his interview, that should be the end of it between those two and that will be that.

Certainly nobody wanted to see him take flight, but I betcha Ole' Brad learned a lesson today. Sometimes a real hard wallop into a wall, will give you a new apprecation for your actions on a racetrack.

Kid is bad fast, but he is a jerk on the track and he has pissed off almost everyone in Nationwide and Cup in the past few years.

You continue to mess with the same guy and someday, he's gonna get you.
    So when a car gets into the crowd because of some stupid on track rivalry - what then? Seriously, if Keselowski's car had made it into the crowd would that still have been an acceptable move on Edwards' part? I just don't get it I'm afraid. In my old fasioned book, teaching a lesson would involve being faster than the other driver. What a quaint notion. I know I don't have to watch (and I don't generally, except the road races) but do you guys really think this is the way to go motor racing? It's so sad that a NASCAR drivers' skill set has to include bumping drivers out of the way. Anyone can do that. I'd rather finish second in fair fight that first by pushing my way to a win. Sportsmanship is not in the NASCAR vocabulary. How's that for a thread locker? - NASCAR want this kind of behaviour as it improves the 'show'. It's a soap opera every weekend. That's all it is.

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    What a wild finish. I was so hoping Juan Montoya would of won though.

Im glad Brad K is alright but what comes around goes around. He got his payback from flipping Carl last year at Talladega.
    i agree
    every week i see Keselowski wreck someone i always say he will learn, and maybe now he has learned
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley
    So when a car gets into the crowd because of some stupid on track rivalry - what then? Seriously, if Keselowski's car had made it into the crowd would that still have been an acceptable move on Edwards' part? I just don't get it I'm afraid. In my old fasioned book, teaching a lesson would involve being faster than the other driver. What a quaint notion. I know I don't have to watch (and I don't generally, except the road races) but do you guys really think this is the way to go motor racing? It's so sad that a NASCAR drivers' skill set has to include bumping drivers out of the way. Anyone can do that. I'd rather finish second in fair fight that first by pushing my way to a win. Sportsmanship is not in the NASCAR vocabulary. How's that for a thread locker? - NASCAR want this kind of behaviour as it improves the 'show'. It's a soap opera every weekend. That's all it is.
    I'll agree that on track retaliation is wrong, but NASCAR has their way of keeping things "clean". NASCAR will just let the drivers hit each other all they want, while raising the catch fences and making the cars less prone to getting airborne. It's similar to the Star Trek episode "A Taste of Armageddon" in which to factions in a war no longer fight battles, but simulate battles via computer and then execute the "casualites". It takes all the emotional and physical trauma out of war so that it's no longer a thing to be avoided.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    We already have a thread for this:
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...=137269&page=2

That said, I agree with Scotty G

LMAO!!!!!!

because we dont have a moderator that checks the forums from time to time
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)