Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Ok let's stop the new boy bashing now Ferrari. These guys have joined the F1 club now, and whatever the rights and/or wrongs of their arrival on the grid they are here now - hopefully for good.
    simply put massa and webber need to STFU and get on with the business. What is Massa going on about hindrance during qualy? How stupid is that? Is he trying to say that in the 20 minutes in Q1 he would not be able to do one flying lap to make sure he is faster than the 2 HRT,Lotus, and Virgin cars or the Renault? what a pathetic argument.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    A cynic might suggest that Massa's just toeing the party line. If any of the new teams get in the way I hope the marshals will be ready with the blue flags, and that the stewards will ensure those flags are obeyed.

But slow or otherwise, the cars are being driven by professionals who hopefully can be trusted not to interfere with the faster guys up front.
    He probably is and that's why I can;t stand the comments or the guy's attitude for that matter. He seems to be too in love with being a Ferrari company man. That type of mentality will be is undoing as he will never see his dismissal from the team coming when Vettel, or hulkenberg make that jump to Ferrari and Felipe finds himself, driving for a backmarker or midfield team. I presume he would rather retire at that point than be a danger to his former employer right?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    simply put massa and webber need to STFU and get on with the business. What is Massa going on about hindrance during qualy? How stupid is that? Is he trying to say that in the 20 minutes in Q1 he would not be able to do one flying lap to make sure he is not faster than the 2 HRT,Lotus, and Virgin cars or the Renault? what a pathetic argument.
    He's just getting the excuses in early, simply blame the backmarkers for impeding you just to cover up your own incompetence.

He forgets that he was driving for one of these so called "backmarkers" in 2002 (Sauber) and from what I remember was'nt he often criticised that year for his driving style being a danger to other competitors?
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    maybe some of the dumb on line news sites need to put what they say and not make up a steming pile of redbull crap

but fota is to blame for all of this under the new budget cap new teams would have been given unlimited testing before the 1st race
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Strange!
    A danger. Has Felipe not seen F1 pre 2002. Its not the 1st time cars have gone around 4 seconds off the pace. You would think Massa had never raced amongst tail enders but surely he remembers the early rounds of 2005 I remember the Minardi's a bit off the pace.

I am sure most of the fans around the world would rather see a full 26 cars (24 this year) rather than only the 16 or 18 existing cars.
    We understand that the 3 new teams may (MAY) struggle a bit to start with but with more cars comes more racing and hopefully more action.
    F1 has a history of team diversity and I personally don't want to have only 8 odd teams being competative and there being no chance of new teams working their way up.

Can't agree Felipe.
    I seem to remember Felipe being a tail ender in the wet at Silverstone in 2008, not just 4 seconds of the leaders pace - much, much more.....

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Not only Massa - not too long ago Hamilton referred to the "monkeys at the back" getting in the way.

Lo and behold the next season - 2009 - he discovered what it was like for a while.

It is possible that Massa was speculating about the issue and rather said that he was concerned about slow cars being a danger and that new teams that are too slow should not be allowed to race.

In too many cases reporting is revved up or out of context to raise temperatures.

This is 2010 after all and journalist ethics - if that term can be used - are these days from a cesspool.

I do think that something like the 107% rule or these days perhaps 103% ought to be enforced.

As far as I am concerned, these days being more than 3 seconds or so off the pace IS too dangerous.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    maybe some of the dumb on line news sites need to put what they say and not make up a steming pile of redbull crap

but fota is to blame for all of this under the new budget cap new teams would have been given unlimited testing before the 1st race
    agreed, all teams should have been allowed unlimited testing before the season and 2 testing sessions during the season. I always found it odd to limit pre-season testing, as far as I am concerned the FIA should really have no say how a team wants to prepare for the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    I seem to remember Felipe being a tail ender in the wet at Silverstone in 2008, not just 4 seconds of the leaders pace - much, much more.....

WT
    right! I forgot about that.

surely he was a danger to the other drivers

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Can understand Felippe's worries on inexperienced teams and drivers. He is extremely fast especially if he can pull away the start and everything are right in order - although in some occasions he performs great overtaking - hardly see that he's great to race with some barrier such as rain or in straight duels involving backmakers. Such barriers is not advantageous for him. This might involve fortune, but talent obviously plays the role. in this case imo Lewis is excellent.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    This is a very fair comment actually. But Max did make it look like he supported ferrari because of his anti-mclaren-ism. although, id like to point out, kimi on the outside of the first corner Spa 2009

and, Ferrari's International Assistance just fits better into FIA than any mclaren hating word play would
    Yes, but IMO it is not right. I personally am OK with Kimi's race at Belgium and remember how FIA sided with Brawn and not with Ferrari in the diffuser row.
    Formula 1