Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think that Felipe is following the team policy. My opinion is that if the new teams are three or four second per lap slower, it's OK, no problem. However, if they are 7-10 seconds slower, they should be black-flagged IMO for they truly will become dangerous, even if in Le Mans drivers deal with cars which are 20- or 30 seconds slower.
    Formula 1

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    To those who share the absurd, in my opinion, view that it's possible to remove every conceivable danger from F1 — it isn't, short of not running races at all — Massa's view might seem sensible. To the rest of us, it isn't. It is a shame that when a driver such as Massa dares to offer an opinion that isn't bland PR puffery, they are invariably ill-informed, crass and lacking in any historical perspective. Maybe he should be reminded, because, like most modern F1 drivers he will surely have no interest in the sport's history, that there have been times when his current employer's cars were trailing round near the back some way off the pace.
    :thumbs: totally agree.

Personally, despite in recent years the FIA being the Ferrari's International Assistance (In my opinion at least), I think Ferrari are still a bit grumpy not just over the 3 car concept, but the fact that they never broke away from the FIA.

hopefully, when they realise Jean Todt, unlike Max Mosley is not an insane knee-jerk reaction cretin, they will appreciate the FIA more along with their decisions.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A cynic might suggest that Massa's just toeing the party line. If any of the new teams get in the way I hope the marshals will be ready with the blue flags, and that the stewards will ensure those flags are obeyed.

But slow or otherwise, the cars are being driven by professionals who hopefully can be trusted not to interfere with the faster guys up front.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81892

Maybe the bang to the head last year did effect Felipe or maybe he is towing the Ferrari line? All teams have to start somewhere!

I guess he and Ferrari are grumpy because they wanted to run 3 cars so they could have had Michael back (or sell their chassis to a customer team)
    So this Ferrari vendetta against the new teams has infected Massa as well. Don't get it.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    :thumbs: totally agree.

Personally, despite in recent years the FIA being the Ferrari's International Assistance (In my opinion at least),
    You are IMO, very wrong. Ferrari get their way only against McLaren and only sometimes. IMO Max disliked McLaren more than he supported Ferrari.
    Formula 1

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    You are IMO, very wrong. Ferrari get their way only against McLaren and only sometimes. IMO Max disliked McLaren more than he supported Ferrari.
    This is a very fair comment actually. But Max did make it look like he supported ferrari because of his anti-mclaren-ism. although, id like to point out, kimi on the outside of the first corner Spa 2009

and, Ferrari's International Assistance just fits better into FIA than any mclaren hating word play would
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    To those who share the absurd, in my opinion, view that it's possible to remove every conceivable danger from F1 — it isn't, short of not running races at all — Massa's view might seem sensible. To the rest of us, it isn't. It is a shame that when a driver such as Massa dares to offer an opinion that isn't bland PR puffery, they are invariably ill-informed, crass and lacking in any historical perspective. Maybe he should be reminded, because, like most modern F1 drivers he will surely have no interest in the sport's history, that there have been times when his current employer's cars were trailing round near the back some way off the pace.
    So you're the guy who runs the Yuji Ide Fan Club!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Massa...just adding to the bag of excuses.
    By the same token, he'll giggle with glee when one of the new teams holds up the MP4-25 or a RBR.
    It's like playing sport in the rain...it effects all competitors.
    I will enjoy watching how Ferrari might mis-manage themselves this year.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Massa

Just what is the problem with Ferrari and its drivers?
    Everybody has to start some where,and although these new teams may be off the pace in their first year,when they get more experience,of life in F1 ,they will improve.The current teams should by offering an olive branch to these new teams for making an effort to join "The Club".
    proffessional drivers of their ilk,should be alert and able to deal with and see slower cars which they would have had to deal with,as slow cars try to get back to the pits after having problems

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pure hubris.