Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I certainly do not want to see a driver deliberatly block a car a lap ot more ahead, but I can see the point others are making - passing backmarkers is a skill not a right IMO.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Or, alternatively, how about no more rules pertaining to this issue, meaning that drivers just have to get on with it?
    That's a terribly radical idea sir
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    I must say Eddie overtaking Senna and then Hill was great too.

But the issue is these days... You can't overtake, can you?

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    The only drawback I see to the blue flag rule is when a fast car that for whatever reason, spends ages in the pits and rejoins the race in front of the leaders, will pretty much be put one lap behind and completely out of contention.

For instance, if Massa did not back off when leading Brazil 2006 when he was coming up on Schumacher, Schumacher would've been put a lap down and completely out of contention, when he was the fastest driver out there.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    In my opinion, when a car is lapped, it should give its place immediately and if it fails to do so, it should be black-flagged or at least given a 10 seconds penalty.
    Formula 1

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    All things aren´t about you chap.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Massa needs to think about his behaviour on track and not holding up other drivers in qualifying rather than worry about everyone else.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Oh yes definitely.

IMO the 'good ol days' is a somewhat exaggeration. Having watched some full races from the early 90s and 80s they were no better than today but drivers like Senna made you sit up and take notice because he of his no-holes-barred approach to backmarkers.

For instance at the 1990 Canadian GP he went offline onto wet asphalt with the back-end stepping out under braking just to lap a car. Obviously that was how you made gains over your rivals and IMO far more exciting to watch unlike in recent years when you were staring at lap times at the end of a stint with the car running in free air.

(Also worth noting it is an often overlooked flaw of Senna's regardless how far the car infront was and expecting the door to remain open eg. Brazil 1990.)
    i agree

moving chicanes....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    In my opinion, when a car is lapped, it should give its place immediately and if it fails to do so, it should be black-flagged or at least given a 10 seconds penalty.
    +1 The system is just fine. If this was F1 biggest issue we would all be "drinking that free Bubble-up"
    May the forza be with you

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Snipers should be placed all around the track to take them out if necessary