Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    the slowly sideways guys drives only the first run of each SS like i know.

if you want more action with them:

Special event: After SS10 (Panzerplatte) two hours of historic rally car action. Several laps of circuit runs past the spectator areas Turm, Kleine Platte, Gina, Platte Nord, but not past Maiwald and Reichenbach
    On sunday (Circus Maximus), citroen will show they new electric race car "Survolt"

it's all about driving fast

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallye-vid
    the slowly sideways guys drives only the first run of each SS like i know.

if you want more action with them:
    Excellent, as I'm going to stay at Panzerplatte for the second running that will be good. Will still stay at Moselland on Friday to see the Slowly Sideways as, if Catalunya is a good guide, several old cars don't make it through Friday without breaking down.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

i dunno, but i'll better watch SS1 Ruwertal/Fell and maybe move then to some other SS or stay there for the second run.

it's always good to watch the very first stage.. who knows how many cars you will get to see on SS2 and later

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    True dat . I'm looking to watch the first 20 through SS1 get back to SS3 for the first run and then, if possible move to another position at Moselland for the second run, going back to Service after the best S2000 cars have passed.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

I don't know if you know it guys, but there is a nice software for the PC that let you plan your route and exports it for you navigation system:

http://www.benichou-software.com/ind...emid=4&lang=en

It works with "waypoints" so you can create the route like you want to avoid i.e closed roads.

Here my sample route for - Schweich -> SS15 "Galeria Dhron" - I just export it in the supported file format of my navigation device and load it there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    1 week to go before I arrive in Klusserath. Long range weather forecast looks encouraging. Tent checked, food bought. Just passes left to buy. Marking up print-out maps this weekend for routes between viewing points. How many other forum posters besides Rick T, Rallye-Vid and me are going?
    I presume the Slowly Sideways times will be in the Rally Programme, looks like a similar (brilliant) list to the Rally Catalunya show - BUT no RS1800s
    I'll be there. A couple of us are having a real "Rally-fest" - Rallye Deutschland then IRC Barum Rally the next weekend. Should be a good trip! !

We're camping at Sensweiler - pretty much midway between the Mosel & Panzerplatz groups of stages.

RoyG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    :
    I don't know if you know it guys, but there is a nice software for the PC that let you plan your route and exports it for you navigation system:

http://www.benichou-software.com/ind...emid=4&lang=en

It works with "waypoints" so you can create the route like you want to avoid i.e closed roads.

Here my sample route for - Schweich -> SS15 "Galeria Dhron" - I just export it in the supported file format of my navigation device and load it there.
    I have been using MyPOI Manger to plot the POI for the stages car parks and routes from your Google earth file.

I found some of the apps to convert from Google Earth to tomtom POI set latitude as 0000000.

If you have any routes/waypoints configured, you have my email address :-)

Its a shame there's not more of us heading out from the UK, Im staying 15 mins work from the centre of Trier and 10 mins from the service park.

Cheers

Rick

Hi Rick,

i have some routes (kml format for my igo). as i'm sleeping in schweich i created them from there to a point i want to watch.. so it will be not interesting for ya if u're sleeping elsewhere.

the software i posted above should convert kml routes into a tomtom format, so give it a try.

cheers

PS. i'll attach a kml route from Hermeskeil SS7 to Panzerplatte SS10 (park car P1). Just load it into the itn converter and try to export it as a tomtom file.

on the Hermeskeil SS i want to watch a jump, then move (in rally speed cos of the time ) to Panzerplatte "Turm"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Alex Raschi was forced to change co-driver today, because is injured and can't do Rally Deutschland! =(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Rick,

i have some routes (kml format for my igo). as i'm sleeping in schweich i created them from there to a point i want to watch.. so it will be not interesting for ya if u're sleeping elsewhere.

the software i posted above should convert kml routes into a tomtom format, so give it a try.

cheers

PS. i'll attach a kml route from Hermeskeil SS7 to Panzerplatte SS10 (park car P1). Just load it into the itn converter and try to export it as a tomtom file.

on the Hermeskeil SS i want to watch a jump, then move (in rally speed cos of the time ) to Panzerplatte "Turm"
    Thanks for this.. I will take a look, since posting i have been using "MYPOI Manager" to create some routes for me..

Going back to my question in the above post, Im still trying to plan which stages on which days... im thinking it will only me possible to get 2 stages per day due to traffic, (when in Sweden we was able to get 3 per day in)

Any recommendation for the below.. (as im having to review each stage and make judgement based of results from prevoius years in google.)

Much appreciated.

SS 1 Ruwertal / Fell - 09:43
    SS 2 Grafschaft Veldenz - 10:46
    SS 3 Moselland - 11:34
    SS 4 Ruwertal / Fell - 14:32
    SS 5 Grafschaft Veldenz - 15:35
    SS 6 Moselland - 16:23

DAY 2 (Sunrise: 6:32, Sunset: 20:40) Saturday 21 August 2010

SS 7 Hermeskeil / Gusenburg - 07:48
    SS 8 St. Wendeler Land - 08:31
    SS 9 Freisen / Westrich - 09:04
    SS 10 Arena Panzerplatte - 10:30