Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Well, 2 gwc's, that went 16 laps past distance...as for Edwards vs Kes, Nascar did the right thing by parking Edwards. But i would not be happy with any further penalty because Nascar said they were going to let the drivers take care of things, and Keslowski is a punk that has been wrecking everyone he can to get past them, several more drivers still owe him now everyone is going to be nervous about paying him back.
    Nascar opened this door with their statements all winter long, can't hammer someone now, or overreact because the car went airborne.

Denny said it best last year...he was the first to pay window, now Edwards was the second
    cant agree more, but I believe that if the spoilers were on the car, Brad crashs into the wall backwards and not airborne. that wing has to go NOW!!!!

I still can't believe Harivck stole a 9th out of a car that wasn't in the top 20 in any speed charts.

great job for Menard, AJ, and Scott Speed
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a wild finish. I was so hoping Juan Montoya would of won though.

Im glad Brad K is alright but what comes around goes around. He got his payback from flipping Carl last year at Talladega.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn it Montoya! Prime position for a win and he spins his tires.

Oh well, third isn't too bad, but I'm hoping JPM can pull a win.

Way to go deuce.

...as for Edwards vs Kes, Nascar did the right thing by parking Edwards. But i would not be happy with any further penalty because Nascar said they were going to let the drivers take care of things, and Keslowski is a punk...
    Yes, NASCAR made the right choice by yanking Edwards out of the race. I don't think this should go any further than a warning to the drivers.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just the best race i have seen in years, full of interest all the way through, shame about the final stint but anyway, restored my faith in the series managing to put on a great show.
    You are entering a Jeff Gordon free zone.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, 2 gwc's, that went 16 laps past distance...as for Edwards vs Kes, Nascar did the right thing by parking Edwards. But i would not be happy with any further penalty because Nascar said they were going to let the drivers take care of things, and Keslowski is a punk that has been wrecking everyone he can to get past them, several more drivers still owe him now everyone is going to be nervous about paying him back.
    Nascar opened this door with their statements all winter long, can't hammer someone now, or overreact because the car went airborne.

Denny said it best last year...he was the first to pay window, now Edwards was the second
    It's obvious that you have something against Keselowski, so I'll just say this... That wasn't payback -- that was stupidity. Kevin Harvick was suspended from the Cup race in 2002 because he intentionally wrecked a driver in the truck race... at Martinsville! By almost sending a car into the grandstands, this is NOT an overreaction, if they suspended Carl. It's the correct action, especially after Carl had admitted that he was out to headhunt whenever the 12 was around.

You can't cure stupidity, but you can stifle it by showing a driver who is "taking care of it himself" who is boss.

I'm not defending anything that Keselowski has done in the past, or any driver for that matter, but when you put someones safety at risk (not only a driver, but officials and fans) then something needs to be done.

See you at Martinsville in 3 weeks Carl, sure hope we don't see you at Bristol!

Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    What a wild finish. I was so hoping Juan Montoya would of won though.

Im glad Brad K is alright but what comes around goes around. He got his payback from flipping Carl last year at Talladega.
    Again, he did nothing wrong there. What would he have done? If he goes below the yellow line, he gets a penalty and finishes 30th in that race, as per the precedent that NASCAR set with Regan Smith in 2008. A lot of people seem to be missing that point still, when it comes to that race...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    He got his payback from flipping Carl last year at Talladega.
    In case you didn't actually watch that race, Carl turned down into Kez and spun himself backwards. Wouldn't have happened if Carl didn't try to block a car that already had a nose inside.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    In case you didn't actually watch that race, Carl turned down into Kez and spun himself backwards. Wouldn't have happened if Carl didn't try to block a car that already had a nose inside.
    I did watch it. The thing that made me mad about that whole thing was the interview with Brad afterwards. He never mentioned he was glad Carl was ok and he said he did what he had to do. That is poor sportsmanship. Ever since then I dont like the kid.

Now maybe he will show some respect to the other drivers but I have my doubts.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just MHO...if you have a problem with a driver, you take care of it OUTSIDE the racecar; ESPECIALLY on a speedway like Atlanta...and this is coming from somebody who thinks Keslowski needs a lesson or 2 taught to him.
    "They have a golden horseshoe stuck up their a$$"-Kevin Harvick on the 48 team

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by POS_Maggott

Again, he did nothing wrong there. What would he have done? If he goes below the yellow line, he gets a penalty and finishes 30th in that race, as per the precedent that NASCAR set with Regan Smith in 2008. A lot of people seem to be missing that point still, when it comes to that race...

You r both right here, It had nothing to do with 'dega last year, even Carl recognizes that nothing could have been done there, its a product of that moronic yellow line rule....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by POS_Maggott
    It's obvious that you have something against Keselowski,
    Other than being a punk, I don't really have anything against him, he hasn't taken my driver out, yet.........

He needs to learn his lesson, as Harvick needed to learn his back then.....but Nascar said they would stay out of it....Like I said, they did the right thing by parking him for the remainder of this race......but any further penalties wuld be unwarranted. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if the car stayed on the ground.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ