Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sure they are Mark. Loyal to drivers. And yup, what a bunch of message board minions think of a driver is probably of very little (if any) consequence
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fan
    Sure they are Mark. Loyal to drivers. And yup, what a bunch of message board minions think of a driver is probably of very little (if any) consequence
    Hey tell me something I don't know. AS I said, it is RP's call....and the idea Allagaier is going to get the ride is likely true. It hasn't happened in 3 years tho....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Hey tell me something I don't know. AS I said, it is RP's call....and the idea Allagaier is going to get the ride is likely true. It hasn't happened in 3 years tho....
    RP has been VERY patient with Sam.

It was RP's call to bring Sam to NASCAR, and he wants to give him every chance to show something.

But time is running out on this deal. And RP can't ignore his young charger in Nationwide, who looks like the real deal and could be pushing hard for a Cup ride, by the end of 2010.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    RP has been VERY patient with Sam.

It was RP's call to bring Sam to NASCAR, and he wants to give him every chance to show something.

But time is running out on this deal. And RP can't ignore his young charger in Nationwide, who looks like the real deal and could be pushing hard for a Cup ride, by the end of 2010.
    No argument from me....I liked Hornish in the IRL, but the fact is if he went back he would have to learn to drive road/street courses a lot better than he used to.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rabf1
    When does Hornish's contract expire? Doesn't RP have to put someone else in that car at some point?
    Not soon enough....He hasn't really shown anything in nascar, I'm afraid.

He's likeable and all that, but Roger Penske would be better served t stick a young up and comer in that car for a chance at long term success,imo
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that Hornish's seat is surely looking uncertain once Allgaier looks to step up from Nationwide at the end of this year.

However, there's still rumours that Kurt is thinking of moving on for 2011, if that does happen might there be a small reprieve for Hornish if JA goes to the #2 team?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Trouble with that is....Where is Kurt going to go?

He won't go back to Roush, Hendrick is full unless Mark decides to leave. So that leaves Gibbs, Childress, RedBull or Mikey. If Hamlin doesn't fulfill his promise soon there could be room at Gibbs, and I'm certain Childress would love to have him, but my guess would be RedBull or Mikey unless Kevin moves away from Childress. Thing is tho, the only cars that have shown consistent inroads in to the Hendricks dynasty are....as much as I hate to say it...Toyota's.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde