Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Is it just me, or have they stuck that logo in just about the least prominent place they could find?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Is it just me, or have they stuck that logo in just about the least prominent place they could find?
    Nah, "Virgin" stuck Manor's logo in an even less prominent place.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How do you double the value of a Lada ? fill it with petrol !
    Leicester City F.C. :beer:
    when your smiling the whole world smiles with youuuuuuuuuuu

Neil_LCFC
    V8 Thunder #05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In Renault F1 team, driver not drive car, car drive itself!

(sorry, that was really low hanging fruit.)

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Are sympathetic these Lada logos on the car. Good to see that Petrov has strong backing even from his Government to secure the drive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Good point, when I was a kid Skoda would always be mentioned in the same breath as Lada when me and my primary school friends would make fun of crappy cars that we saw. Then they started doing well at rallying... now they're quite a respectable brand (although their recent reputation as basically being rebadged VWs may have had something to do with it as well)

I also gather that Subarus were seen as basically slow lumbering farm vehicles until the Legacy and Impreza rally programmes?

If Lada want to boost their image through motorsport and have the means to do so, then good luck to them.

BUT - something doesn't sit right with me about a car manufacturer backing another car manufacturer's racing team. Same reason I don't like GP2 and the scores of Mercedes and Toyota backed drivers that have competed in Renault-powered cars.

Still, Renault seem in dire need of funding and if this brings some, then that can only be a positive I guess.
    The problem with Lada is that their products aren't really getting any better. You can actually buy a brand new Lada in this country but I don't think many do . But anyway, all funding is good funding IMO.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    The problem with Lada is that their products aren't really getting any better. You can actually buy a brand new Lada in this country but I don't think many do . But anyway, all funding is good funding IMO.
    Wouldn't know, haven't been able to buy a Lada in the UK since the mid '90s.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    BUT - something doesn't sit right with me about a car manufacturer backing another car manufacturer's racing team.
    This does make a bit more sense though as Renault do own a share of Lada and with a Russian driver behind the wheel it seems like a good fit to me.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

BUT - something doesn't sit right with me about a car manufacturer backing another car manufacturer's racing team

I know what you mean, but Renault owns 25% of Lada's parent company. It makes sense.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Given the fact that Petrov is a well connected Russian and pays for his own F1 ride, I am not surprised to see the Lada logo on the livery.

After all, Renault is not a majority owner of the "Renault F1" team so Genii Capital has the leverage to establish additional business relationships.

It been heavily reported that Renault may not around in F1 for long. Genii Capital has only guaranteed the "Renault F1" name and support from "Renault Sport" for the next two years. But what happens after this timeframe? I see Renault pulling a slow and silent retreat from F1. This is a good way to leave, especially without causing ill-feelings or shock as compared to Honda, BMW & Toyota.