Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OFFICIAL: FIA publish 2010 F1 entry list - NO Stefan, NO USF1...

OFFICIAL FIA F1 2010 ENTRY LIST:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...010_entry.aspx

NO STEFAN GP and NO USF1 in 2010 - FIA to reopen bidding for 13th team slot!:
    http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre.../f1_teams.aspx
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ....only 1 driver announced for HRT and thank goodness it is Bruno Senna

Sauber still called 'BMW Sauber Ferrari' (!!!!!) - Sauber take USF1's race numbers...
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    VERY disappointing, most of all the omission of StefanGP, but also the continuing nonsense about "BMW" (wtf?) and the fact there STILL isn't a second driver definitively announced for HRT.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    VERY disappointing, most of all the omission of StefanGP, but also the continuing nonsense about "BMW" (wtf?) and the fact there STILL isn't a second driver definitively announced for HRT.
    Well I think the FIA have done the right thing, when those new teams were originally picked, the ones that missed out will have had some words for the FIA if Stefan were allowed to be let in by the back door when it would have been obvious they failed in both bidding processes (firstly when USF1, Hispania and Virgin were picked and in the 2nd one when they lost out to Lotus) The FIA statement is also clear it seems that USF1's request for a 12 month deferral was (as expected) thrown out.

To me it makes sense and seems more fair to re-open the bidding for the 13th slot in 2011 and hopefully the FIA will be a bit more vigorous in going through each teams credentials, it would also give an opportunity for prospective teams other than StefanGP to come in and present their cases. I for one would like to see Lola re-open their interest and they probably will if Virgin can prove they can run a season on the low budget as that was a major factor in lola's initial interest.

Lets face it though, we still have 24 cars on the grid for 2010 (the most in 15 years) and its still an exciting season in prospect.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Todt does the right thing...

Good for the FIA.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    I know, havign to retain the BMW name, thats a bit ridick isnt it, its almost as if BMW have got themselves some free sponsorship in a way.

As for Hispania's 2nd driver, I think the deal for that will be announced tomorrow, maybe they just have'nt informed the FIA yet about it.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Chandhok very likely for Hispania 2nd driver, López appointed as reserve.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekola
    Chandhok very likely for Hispania 2nd driver, López appointed as reserve.
    Thats what we're expecting to hear tomorrow

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stephenw_us
    Todt does the right thing...

Good for the FIA.
    well done mr todt, I'm guessing a man in Serbia is going to say something bad about the fia then, overall I'm please that stefan are not listed I think the boss is a greedy child who wants everything in life, as for usf1 tried But bad mangement IMO

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    I know, havign to retain the BMW name, thats a bit ridick isnt it, its almost as if BMW have got themselves some free sponsorship in a way.

As for Hispania's 2nd driver, I think the deal for that will be announced tomorrow, maybe they just have'nt informed the FIA yet about it.
    I'm guessing BMW must be thinking money in the bank, free advertising
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    I'm guessing BMW must be thinking money in the bank, free advertising
    It's their good luck that the car seems to be relatively competitive. I don't think they would love to hear "and the BMW-Saubers once again didn't make it thru to Q2" :