Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Calendar

Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Well done to the NZ Government for recognising the value of the event. NZ is a fantastic event, and should never be left off the WRC, especially when a newcomer like Abu Dhabi waltzes in a gets a round. And the final round - that's a disgrace as well. The final round should be GB - the FiA/MSA should be protesting to NorthOne in the strongest terms about this.
    It seems as though Jean Todt and NorthOne don't see eye to eye - well there can only be one winner.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Iskald: I talked to several drivers on Monte this year and I heard no negative comments. Everyone told me that he wanted to start again because it's fantastic event.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    Don`t agree. History and tradition is important, but Monte is a dinosaur event. Arrogant organiser, sh.t safety, most drivers hates it. Sorry, but no, WRC certainly doesn`t need Monte anymore.
    Well, "arrogant organisers", I'm happy they show some character at least. Monte was a shadow of it's former self the last couple of years, slowly killing itself.

The jump to IRC has been nothing but great for this event, it's so much better then in it's twilight years in WRC (and populair by both drivers and spectators as far as I remember). Nevertheless, Monte is a must on the WRC calender IMO, I hope Jean Todt can bring them back together soon.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I agree..

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    When was it coming a firm decision on this topic, was it 16 April the next FIA meeting was, and it was this date they were going to decide ?

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    When was it coming a firm decision on this topic, was it 16 April the next FIA meeting was, and it was this date they were going to decide ?
    From what i have read they are giving their decision this Friday the 16th

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Some weeks ago (not on April 1st), portuguese Autosport site has reported Todt's intention to develop an merger between WRC and IRC series.

http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=s....stories/83149

The same article mentions Chandler opposition to the project and underline the advantages of Todt's idea.

I've not discover any related notice on the Net, so is this article a scoop or just a joke?

If Todt's plans are real, this could be great news to the sport; the existance of two rival international series really doesn't benefit world rallying!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    It's not that easy to merge two championships run by different organizations with different promoters.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    I suspect that Todt would have liked the WRC Promoter job to have gone to Eurosport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    Don`t agree. History and tradition is important, but Monte is a dinosaur event. Arrogant organiser, sh.t safety, most drivers hates it. Sorry, but no, WRC certainly doesn`t need Monte anymore.
    Well said, lets hope it stay in irc.
    Aja kovaa Pena.