Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sarah Fisher at Barber

Sarah Fisher drove twice as many laps as her rookie teammate, and still finished 2 seconds a lap slower than him in the same car.....nice.

She's really gonna turn some heads this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    Sarah Fisher drove twice as many laps as her rookie teammate, and still finished 2 seconds a lap slower than him in the same car.....nice.

And your point? She knows she won't be competing on the road courses. She is running the road courses because Dollar General wants her to run a couple of markets they are strong in.

If you ask Sarah, I would bet she would be happy to be within two seconds of Jay Howard.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like Sarah. She isn't any good on road courses and doesn't make any excuses for it, she's an oval racer through and through. She's doing something for the good of her sponsor. Simple as that.

An American driver (and owner too) with a sponsor??? You bet she's going do whatever it takes to make them happy - and this sponsor is willing to help a female driver without resorting to, ahem ... family unfriendly ads.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sarah Rocks!!!!
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sarah makes no bones about not being a road racer.
    I feel she has done this to herself somehow because she can race. She thinks she can't road race so?
    I like her attitude and gumption. She is a fairly good oval track driver but again the early fire seems to have been dampened.
    She came out of dirt track sprinters and there is no class of racing that takes any more skill and pure guts than that.
    She has done it the hard way and stayed straightforward.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb

Yes she is and not in spite of the facts above but because of them. She owns her own team, she has a real sponsor and never makes a single excuse about the fact that she is not a road racer. And yet she was willing to go out and turn laps in the car, for her sponsor, on they sort of course she has ZERO plans of running on this year. In case you haven't noticed she has hired another driver to do the road course races.

So what's your beef with Sarah? What is it that as arm chair quarterback, you see she has done wrong?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sarah is what the IRL, not a big FAKE like Danica.

Sarah is gonna be around the IRL for many years to come, She is a racer and like what many said, shes admitted that shes not a road course driver and is gonna have a major struggle, unlike some excuse of the other female driver acting like shes the best thing since sliced bread.

Sarah prolly has the most respect by all competitors in the IRL paddock today, and she races every one hard and clean, remember a few years back at Indy when TK felt so bad when Sarah had no where to go when Marco did a bonzai move into turn 3.

everyone should respect Sarah for being one of the few trying to keep the IRL afloat
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do respect Sarah for the team, etc., but she seems to really be bad on road courses. Now seeing as she is one of those highly respected and unbelievably skilled "dirt track" drivers, along with Ed Carpenter, why can't they figure out road courses?

She's comparable to Milka off of the ovals - why isn't anyone complaining?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sarah is a class act. I have so much respect for her and she is one of the few drivers I have no been able to meet. I'd love to see her being competitive on ovals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sarah isn't a good driver at all, but she has a much better image than Danica Patrick and is well respected for her off track behavior and delicately managed PR particularly recently, however, I do remember before Danica came to the irl Sarah Fisher was the woman driver at whom people mocked and scoffed for the great fun of it, unfortunately Danica was just perfect as a substitution, and after a period of Sarah's quietus in racing, her fantastic personality has won her fans in a more positive way in contrast to the controversy of Danica after her comeback.