Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ive got a 406 aswell as the ZS and I can see what you mean about the 406 'falolopping' around corners!
    They were nice supertourers though, what was the highest position they finished a race?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tim Harvey nearly won in one at Knockhill in 97 didn't he?
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

sorry guys you were on about the 406,when my post said the 405.possibly David and MSD did run the 406,BUT i dont thing they were EVER sucessful with it.
    Cant remember MSD running a Cavalier in 96,although I can remember seeing MSD and David at I am sure at Mallory with a white racing Astra(think it was badged Opel Kadett) ,when I enquired what it was for,David said the South African touring cars ,.But i dont know if it ever competed there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MSD ran the Vauxhall rally programme with the MK3 Astra and at the same time built a 4 door FIA Class 2 touring car version for South Africa and Portugal, badged as the Opel Astra. Then they ran Honda's works BTCC cars in 1995-96, before taking over the Peugeot effort from the factory in Coventry for 1997-98. They weren't too successful, mainly due to Peugeot Sport in France not helping them out, as they were unwilling to share information about their successful German STW 406 with a company who could then take it elsewhere at the end of their contract. MSD never ran a Cavalier.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe MSD also built the Vectra's that were used in the One make Vectra Championship that was part of the TOCA package...

But as Iain says, they never ran the works Cavalier.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I was looking for OEM rear spoiler for Mk3 VW Passat and then suddenly remembered this thread and spotted this:

http://www.car-body-kit.co.uk/peugeot_405.html

I think its the closest front spoiler I've seen that resembles BTCC

Might be worth contacting http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/

They don't have the right bodykit but they're renowned within the Pug-modding scene so it might be worth contacting them