39. #81 Michael McDowell
    40. #10 Chad Blount
    41. #49 Mark Green
    42. #88 Kelly Bires
    43. #96 Dennis Setzer
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    I enjoy watching like a trapese artist without a net, there are some dang good young drivers coming up. Algaier, Buescher, Bayne, Scott, etc....almost all rookies in their 3rd race and they are making noise at the front. If I were a full blooded NASCAR fan I'd be pretty excited about the talent in this group.

Again, I agree 100%.

Allgaier is really impressive to me. He was the one "non full time Cup guy" who could run with the "big dogs" up at the front. On old tires, too.

Penske has himself a future star.

I think Ricky Stenhouse is also very impressive. A little wild at times, but naturally fast. Roush would be smart to hang onto him too. Parker Kligerman (a young kid from ARCA) is also getting his feet wet in Nationwide and could have a nice future.

Bayne is being groomed for Waltrip's Cup team. He looks like he has talent.

Townley isn't bad either. Needs to get his act together off the track it appears, but he has been solid so far this year.

DP? Not particularly young. Not a special talent. No experience in this form of racing. Not impressive early in her tin-top career. If she was 19 like Bayne, it would be one thing. But she is approaching 30 now. With one career professional win in racing in her life.

NASCAR has it right. They have talented young drivers coming through the pipeline, who are being groomed to replenish the talent pool in Cup and keep the NASCAR ball rolling along.

Unlike Indy Cars, where young kids get into AOW (either through road racing or oval racing) and usually get stopped from going any farther because

A. they don't have the millions of dollars needed to fund their rides

or

B. they don't have the proper "background" for our beloved Indy Car owners

Its a hell of a concept. I wonder if any Indy Car teams are taking notes. I wonder if any Indy Car teams even have a clue why NASCAR is millions of miles ahead of them and why so few American kids even acknowledge them anymore?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fan
    The guy truned down in to her. Plain and simple. Gracious? Perhaps. Truthful? Definately.
    Lesson number one about overtaking. The car doing to overtaking has the responbility to make a safe pass. The car in the back can SEE the other guy in plain sight, the front car has only mirrors, and in NASCAR a spotter. If the spotter for McDowell says "clear low" as Danica dive bombs the guy, that says to me the spotter figured like a normal sane human who drives stockcars wouldn't dive bomb the corner. He was wrong....so it is a 50-50 deal, but her attitude tells me she cant stand being on the track with mere mortals.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    NASCAR has it right. They have talented young drivers coming through the pipeline, who are being groomed to replenish the talent pool in Cup and keep the NASCAR ball rolling along.

Unlike Indy Cars, where young kids get into AOW (either through road racing or oval racing) and usually get stopped from going any farther because

A. they don't have the millions of dollars needed to fund their rides

or

B. they don't have the proper "background" for our beloved Indy Car owners

Its a hell of a concept. I wonder if any Indy Car teams are taking notes. I wonder if any Indy Car teams even have a clue why NASCAR is millions of miles ahead of them and why so few American kids even acknowledge them anymore?
    You are a one string guitar aren't you? We have this same argument on the other board and we have it here. The owners don't CARE about the passport of the driver. They CARE about the money being brought to the table by the sponsor and what driver the sponsor wants. With young drivers, they take chances yes on young drivers, but they do this only if they have sponsors that are trusting the team owner to make the right decision, or if the teams are hurting financially, they take often the driver with the money. You just fail to grasp that this is a business before it is a sport.

You wave that flag and you just have the most sophomoric attitude towards anyone who doesn't hire based purely on the citizenship. You refuse to see the lack of an evil plot here and it is maddening because on a lot of things Scott, you and I agree.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    I will say this, aside from the sideshow circus that I enjoy watching like a trapese artist without a net, there are some dang good young drivers coming up. Algaier, Buescher, Bayne, Scott, etc....almost all rookies in their 3rd race and they are making noise at the front. A couple of 19 yr olds...what is their excuse for being so much faster than the Danica in underfunded teams anyway? If I were a full blooded NASCAR fan I'd be pretty excited about the talent in this group.
    This years crop of young drivers is one of the most impressive in a long time. The next few years will see a changing of the guard, and based on the talent out there, the racing will be very good.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Since I have been on a 2 day self imposed black out,the following thoughts:

1) Another great win by Harvick in his own stuff, I hope he gets the pit crew straightened out,and decides to go for the championship

2) Danica, although she appreciated the fact that Harvick actually slowed down for a second and POINTED out the fast line to her as he was lapping her, was unable to do anything with it

3) There is a reason McDowell was booted from his CUP ride

4) All this Danica talk has clouded the fact that Shrub of all people isn't running up to snuff!

5) There is a week off in Nationwide coming up and then a trip to the blender on steroids we call Bristol Motor Speedway.....Thank GOD the Indy car series is starting up and we can get back to talking about DRIVERS and RACING again in the Nationwide Series, at least for a while, anyway
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ