Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    I understand Ken Anderson is also working on a design but has asked for a time extension to 2020. mokin:
    Nice.
    Second is just the first loser!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I believe he did. Wasn't some of that done with Menard? The illustrations were in a typical Blue Johns Mansville/ Glidden Menards paint scheme.

I still say, let them all in. Use the original price fixed chassis IRL model, with two or more engine suppliers either providing engine kits to builders or cost controlled leases. I actually always liked that part of the original IRL, eh hem...vision,.... but that was about it.
    The question is - what volume does a manufacturer need in a fixed price model to be profitable, and can the car count support 1, 2, 5 manufacturers? Economically this might be an issue.

Emotionally, I agree.
    Second is just the first loser!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRace
    The question is - what volume does a manufacturer need in a fixed price model to be profitable, and can the car count support 1, 2, 5 manufacturers? Economically this might be an issue.

Emotionally, I agree.
    I think at most only 2 constructors of customer chassis can be supported. If you look at CART in the 80s and 90s, one chassis was preferred by most teams at a given time- March, then Lola, then Reynard, then Lola again. What made it interesting were the one offs- Penske, Eagle, Swift, Porsche.

That's what made Lola's proposal so intriguing- one basic chassis with the option to provide 2 different "looks."