Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Barber Test Entry List

The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TBA always finds multiple rides in this sport, doesn't he/she?

Panther not being on the list, can't be a good sign for them. Don't give me the stuff about Sebring either.

Panther was a TG team and are probably struggling with funding.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's up with Andretti Autosport number their entries? I've never seen that done before. Why tell the world how you rank your drivers?

And If I was Kanaan I'd be royally p!ssed to be number 3!
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    What's up with Andretti Autosport number their entries? I've never seen that done before. Why tell the world how you rank your drivers?

And If I was Kanaan I'd be royally p!ssed to be number 3!
    It could have something to do with paddock placement? I'm not sure, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Does anyone else have any ideas?
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    It could have something to do with paddock placement? I'm not sure, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Does anyone else have any ideas?
    Could be, but other teams with multiple entries don't have that (Penske, Ganassi, etc)
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the numbering is simply a reference to how much sponsorship the driver brings. More sponsorship = better racecar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know how you can get a "better race car" out of a spec car. I mean, certainly setup wise better teams know better, but they're essentially in the same team anyway. The number does show the importance of each driver in their team in terms of their maketing value, but really, this is not F1, not in a situation in which a better driver has the priority in using the limited updated parts. Because this is a spec series.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddurango
    I don't know how you can get a "better race car" out of a spec car. I mean, certainly setup wise better teams know better, but they're essentially in the same team anyway. The number does show the importance of each driver in their team in terms of their maketing value, but really, this is not F1, not in a situation in which a better driver has the priority in using the limited updated parts. Because this is a spec series.
    Kanaan does most of the setup for all the teams with Andretti...so I suppose regardless of sponsorship, he is the man there...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    TBA always finds multiple rides in this sport, doesn't he/she?

Panther not being on the list, can't be a good sign for them. Don't give me the stuff about Sebring either.

Panther was a TG team and are probably struggling with funding.
    They will be at Sebring, the weather in Alabama is **** this week, so it's probably the better move.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Due to the colder than normal temperatures predicted at Barber this week, FAZZT have opted out of the open tests. They will be at the media day today but no testing. They say they are satisfied with the testing done at Sebring and Homestead in January.

I also heard that Dan Wheldon with Panther Racing will be testing there Friday and Saturday this week instead.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion