Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Viso confirmed at KV

According to their facebook update a couple of secs ago. Probably a bit too soon to post a source.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yet another case of a good Indycar name not being able to get a full time ride (Paul Tracy) while a so-so field filler does. I don't get where the money comes for the ride buyers. How can guys with talent be ignored, whether it be PT or Graham Rahal? At some point, don't people want to sponsor guys who will run up front?
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    True but at least Viso does have a couple of seasons experience behind him and isnt a nobody whos here today and gone tomorrow (tristian gommendy anybody!?)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't get where the money comes for the ride buyers

For this particular ride buyer, its commie oil money.

Glad that Ernie finally found a couple of owners that would take his cash.

Maybe one day, Jimmy will wake up and realize that a guy (Jim Hayhoe) gave him a shot one day as a driver, when he didn't have much cash to bring to the table and without an owner like that, likely nobody would have ever heard of him.

But we don't need more Vasser's. We need more Sato's and Viso's and Rossiter's. That is exactly what the masses are clammoring for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Maybe one day, Jimmy will wake up and realize that a guy (Jim Hayhoe) gave him a shot one day as a driver, when he didn't have much cash to bring to the table and without an owner like that, likely nobody would have ever heard of him.
    And maybe one day you will put your money where your mouth is and step up and sponsor one of these folks. You seem so quick on the draw to spend someone else's money... again.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    And maybe one day you will put your money where your mouth is and step up and sponsor one of these folks. You seem so quick on the draw to spend someone else's money... again.

Gary
    Gary, Scott thinks the owners of Indycars are an evil cabal who have kept Americans out of rides. Blame Corporate America for not backing these guys or blame the idiots who ran OW racing for the last 16 years for driving this sport into the ditch for creating a lousy business model. Don't blame the team owners for taking money to keep the doors open....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite9185
    True but at least Viso does have a couple of seasons experience behind him and isnt a nobody whos here today and gone tomorrow (tristian gommendy anybody!?)
    Now there's a name that I haven't heard in awhile (and I've tried to forget ). I wonder what ol' Gummy Bear has been up to? When he left, the PR was that he had a visa problem. But I heard the problem was with American Express.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Oh, you mean back when major associate sponsorships were going for $2 million+ for a season? You mean back when sponsors lined the paddock? You mean back when outside interests actually saw value in putting their money behind drivers and teams? You mean back when an owner could give a driver a boost, and could actually expect to see a future payback if the hot shoe was any good?

When you drive by a Starbucks, you can't smell the coffee, can you?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Now there's a name that I haven't heard in awhile (and I've tried to forget ). I wonder what ol' Gummy Bear has been up to? When he left, the PR was that he had a visa problem. But I heard the problem was with American Express.
    i think he might have done a couple of sports car races or something but i could be wrong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell

Gary

Solid comeback.

NOBODY would be dumb enough right now, to sponsor anything to do with this sport. And judging by the lack of new sponsors in the past few years, I am right.