Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Marco to get extra seat time

Just seen where Marco is going to drive 24 LeMans. I find this a little surprising considering he hasn't exactly shown much talent, speed, or technical ability. Good for him though, one of the world's quality events. He will have Neil Jani as one of his co-drivers...no THERE is a real fast dude. Has been fast in anything he has touched.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Just seen where Marco is going to drive 24 LeMans. I find this a little surprising considering he hasn't exactly shown much talent, speed, or technical ability. Good for him though, one of the world's quality events. He will have Neil Jani as one of his co-drivers...no THERE is a real fast dude. Has been fast in anything he has touched.
    Marco was praised when he ran the Acura LMP2 machine in 2008. He was the fastest driver on the team when he drove for AGR's ALMS program and turned alot of heads that weren't expecting him to do well.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who is he driving for? Link?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh1985
    Who is he driving for? Link?
    Rebellion Racing at Le Mans only.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Good on Marco. It is good too that he wont be driving for his Dad. I think Marco needs to be on another team without Dad around. I think the kid has the Andretti talent (at least enough of it to win races) but cant put the mental part of the game together nor learn to survive on the techinical side without his dad's influence. Mike is like many parents, trying to help, but I truly think his development has been hindered by racing for AGR.

Graham Rahal never ran for his dad's teams, and it shows why Graham in my mind is a better talent at this point in his career than Marco is. THIS 24 hour effort is a really good place for Marco to taste a racing culture not defined by Daddy's influence.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".