Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Watching my local round of the Australian Rally Championship (Saxon Safari at the time). I was standing on the outside of a long sweeping corner. A car came down the hill, got sideways and rolled a couple of times only to stop in a ditch righ in front of me and my brother.
    We just stood there and said nothing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1995, McRae flying through Sweetlamb at night over a minute quicker than Sainz to take the lead and then onto winning the title, still shines bright in my memory ......Top drive

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 86 RAC in Twiggles on a crisp calm morning,we heard Salonen's 205t16 E2 leave the start and could hear it for 5 or 6 minutes until it came into sight at full tilt,AWESOME,then Mcrae's driving on the 95 RAC had to be seen to be believed,some said Prodrive gave him a better car than Sainz,bulls****,there has never been a Group A Subaru driven quicker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Neste rally Finland 2004 and Swedish rally 2006 were great events to spectate! First time in Finland, awesome rally, good weather too. Sweden had good amounts of snow, found fantastic viewing places, great competition!
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Swedish Rally 2006, great snow event...
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2001 Norwegian Rally Championchip. I was 14 year then. And with my father who is mechanic serval times on rally events. They won rally finnskogen in total with a Gr.N4 car, driven by Bruno Arntsen. We raced Ralli Vinho da Madeira in ERC that year and had fun with som Grifone Mechanics and Silverteam Mechanics on the hotel, I met Hollands driver Chiel Bos. Nice guy.

2006 Met Ola Floene/Fløne. Co-driver to Andreas Mikkelsen. We finished this year at 2nd place in N4 in Norway

CalibR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    * 1988 Jorge Recalde wins in the Marlboro Rally de Argentina for the happiness of her fans, the only argentine (and american) driver winner of a rally of world championship... that wictory is remembered as the best moment of the Rally in South America.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wrote a little blog piece on my favourite RAC rally memories earlier in the week

Suffice to say I'm not a great fan of the modern rally format - much preferred it when they went all over the country and did 50+ stages, and none of this repetition nonsense...

But an individual favourite? Howabout Pentii Airikkala beating all the more fancied teams and drivers in the 1989 RAC in that big clumsy looking 4WS Mitsubishi Galant?

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    The almost win of championship by Michelle Mouton in the Audi Quattro is one of my best world rallying championship moment !! :

Clother to our area, I would say the historical 1-2-3 from Peugeot in Corsica 2002...

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    1986 Swedish - the only WRC event I have been to so far...

Gr B cars hammering away - impressive (exept the Citroen BX 4x4)
    Keep It Simple Stupid !